Knowledge Base
Community

Shetland, Welsh mountain, or Dartmoor?

Started by: revjonty
On: 08/01/2019 | 11:30
Replies: 28

by: revjonty
on: 08/01/2019 | 11:30

If you were in the market for a small horse, that would be able to pull a medium sized plough, or harrow, and wouldn't require large pasture, which would you get?

I'm open to suggestions which arn't on the shortlist, pros, cons, mpg, 'av your say,,, !! 

Order a sim from here & get a bonus £5 credit upon activation

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 29
by: claire1uk
on: 08/01/2019 | 12:14 edited: 08/01/2019 | 12:15

You having a laugh @revjonty?

A Shetland pulling a medium sized plough!

I know they are a strong breed, but they'd get lost in the furrows. 🤔

Message 2 of 29
on: 08/01/2019 | 12:56

@claire1uk wrote:

You having a laugh @revjonty?

A Shetland pulling a medium sized plough!

I know they are a strong breed, but they'd get lost in the furrows. 🤔

Don't you doubt the strength and heart of a Shetland, Henry(may he rest in peace) would have bit your bum, and kicked your shins.

(what the flip that has to do with pulling a plough, I don't know,, but he were a hard ittle sod) 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 29
on: 08/01/2019 | 12:59
Anyway, I can always gear it down.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 29
by: jms0
on: 08/01/2019 | 13:07

Have you considered using a tractor?

You're the boss so check out Giffgaff's financial statements
Message 5 of 29
on: 08/01/2019 | 13:24

@jms0 wrote:

Have you considered using a tractor?

If you can suggest a tractor model, which will run on grass, and exhaust fertiliser, then I will definitely consider it @jms0

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 29
by: masterluke
on: 08/01/2019 | 13:35

Do you know how small Shetland ponies are? They already look as though they've sunk into the mud because they have short stumpies. Perhaps you should consider a team of sled dogs. I've never understood what the point is of horses, I can understand years ago when they were working horses. But girls buy a horse, and they're not cheap, put it in a field, which you'll also have to pay for, it does what, just stands there, you have to care for it, vets bills, feed it. What is the point of a horse?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 29
by: jms0
on: 08/01/2019 | 13:41

@masterluke wrote:

Do you know how small Shetland ponies are? They already look as though they've sunk into the mud because they have short stumpies. Perhaps you should consider a team of sled dogs. I've never understood what the point is of horses, I can understand years ago when they were working horses. But girls buy a horse, and they're not cheap, put it in a field, which you'll also have to pay for, it does what, just stands there, you have to care for it, vets bills, feed it. What is the point of a horse?

It's a means of transport.  Like a motorcycle, but more expensive, slower and more temperamental.

You're the boss so check out Giffgaff's financial statements
Message 8 of 29
on: 08/01/2019 | 13:42
Nobody commutes to work on a horse.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 29
on: 08/01/2019 | 13:44
Can't exactly recall ever seeing one parked outside a supermarket either for that matter lol.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 29