Get Help
Community

Should the EU offer the uk citizens Dual citizenship?

Started by: ijustcantdoit
On: 19/09/2017 | 02:01
Replies: 134

by: ianmcrv
on: 22/09/2017 | 20:40

Yes! Congratulations, you have been awarded dual citizenship with lithuania.

Look at my shiny giffgaff website! www.ffagffig.com Lot's of extra gg info!
Message 71 of 135
by: ianmcrv
on: 22/09/2017 | 20:41
Ever noticed how Poles like to come here, but no-one seems that infatuated about moving to Poland?
strange
Look at my shiny giffgaff website! www.ffagffig.com Lot's of extra gg info!
Message 72 of 135
by: revjonty
on: 22/09/2017 | 21:37

ianmcrv wrote:

Ever noticed how Poles like to come here, but no-one seems that infatuated about moving to Poland?
strange

I know someone who moved to Poland.

They bought a farm with massive amounts of land for the price of a terraced house over here.

I suspect they will struggle though, if their allotment was anything to go by.

Order a sim from here & get a bonus £5 credit upon activation

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 73 of 135
Highlighted
by: harry39
on: 22/09/2017 | 23:11
Hi @ijustcantdoit Why would you want it!🤔
Message 74 of 135
by: sanmiguelfan
on: 22/09/2017 | 23:23
@sarahaxon

75% of young people couldnt be bothered voting in the 2016 EU referendum and those who did were indoctrinated by old fogies like Stephen Fry and Eddie Izzard.

Trust me, its over.

There'll be no general election until 2022 by which point we will be well out of the EU.

Do yourself a favour and stop tormenting yourself, if you dont like living outside the EU then make arrangements now before March 2019.

Good luck and all the best! Smiley Wink
https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/sanmiguelfan
Message 75 of 135
by: ijustcantdoit
on: 22/09/2017 | 23:25

harry39 wrote:

@harry39

I didnt want it but i suppose if it was on on offer i woukd have to have a think

“Welcome
Message 76 of 135
on: 22/09/2017 | 23:40

marct wrote:

@sanmiguelfan

So just out of interest, why wasn't you living abroad up until the referendum or indeed still living abroad until at least 2021?

Possibly has something to do with the fact I was born after the 1973 referendum and never had any chance to vote against the organisation I utterly detest until last year?

Britain will be out March 2019 whether you like it or not, please stop boring us with your europhile crap.

Message 77 of 135
by: revjonty
on: 22/09/2017 | 23:51

harry39 wrote:

@harry39

Why would you not want it?

Having duel citizenship would convey rights allowing you free movement to live and work within the EU, but would not bring any extra responsibilities. You would still have your UK citizenship, and it would make no difference while you were in the UK.

You'd have to be daft in the head to turn that down.

Order a sim from here & get a bonus £5 credit upon activation

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 78 of 135
by: sarahaxon
on: 23/09/2017 | 00:16
@sanmiguelfan
That youth turnout figure has been widely discredited, but don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

I agree that there is unlikely to be a general election for a while, not least because nobody wants to take responsibility for a no win situation.

As for your last comment, I can see that you have suggested to lots of people who disagree with you that they leave the country. Hilarious! Only @sanmiguelfan s wanted in the new post Brexit Britain. But who would be left for you to blame?
Message 79 of 135
on: 23/09/2017 | 08:27
@sarahaxon

Most of the figures can be widely discredited, the referendum was a private ballot so nobody really knows who voted for what.

The only thing we can say for certain is more people want out of the EU than remain in it.

I am only suggesting the pro-EU malcontents leave the UK, why remain in a country who according to them is destined to failure when their glorious EU is just over the channel?

If the EU is so great they should go and live there instead of constantly moaning, scaremongering and running this country down.
Message 80 of 135