Get Help
Community

Should the EU offer the uk citizens Dual citizenship?

Started by: ijustcantdoit
On: 19/09/2017 | 02:01
Replies: 134

by: ijustcantdoit
on: 19/09/2017 | 02:01 edited: 20/09/2017 | 01:07

Should the EU offer uk citizens Dual nationality ? 

Ie European citizenship / passport

Ok discussing this with family and mates and some say yes mainly students  some no no students .

But whats your take on this should they offer us dual nationality and if they did woukd you accept it ? 

“Welcome
Message 1 of 135
by: rickvigorous
on: 19/09/2017 | 02:07
"EU" is not a nationality. "EU" is not a state. "EU" does not represent a people. Which nationality would you like? I do not see use, need or a logic for an "EU" nationality.
get your giffgaff sim
Message 2 of 135
by: eileenusher
on: 19/09/2017 | 05:05
The EU isn't a nationality,European is an ethnicity were still that as were leaving the EU not Europe the continent were still in that unless the found a way to move the country 😁
To become a EU citizen they would have to make a EU citizenship which we dont have,it would take a long time to set up,but to cut a long story short if they could or did yes I'd accept it,as I feel we should be part of our continent and ethnicity not alienating our EU neighbours even more than we allready do,plus I dont want too go back too the old holiday visa system its easier to travel without it.
Message 3 of 135
by: kenralph
on: 19/09/2017 | 06:46
More to the point, why should they? In a couple of years we will be making no contributions.
You wouldn't ask Asia to offer dual 'nationality' would you?
Message 4 of 135
by: sanmiguelfan
on: 19/09/2017 | 07:30
Why would you want it?
https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/sanmiguelfan
Message 5 of 135
by: pamfletch
on: 19/09/2017 | 07:38
Since I never travel overseas I only need my British nationality I was born with,but if you were allowed dual nationality would you be able to do as they do and claim their benefits? I very much doubt it, that only works here for them to claim.😳
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Internet &MMS settings | Ask an Agent | If you need a SIM sent 1st class PM Me
Message 6 of 135
by: tonicurtis1967
on: 19/09/2017 | 08:06
No
Carry on regardless
Message 7 of 135
by: headsley
on: 19/09/2017 | 08:21
It's a good idea.
Message 8 of 135
by: dariusbu
on: 19/09/2017 | 08:33
There is no EU nationality , as Lithuanian I can't have ( officially) two passports ( unless president of the country allows) so I need to stick to LT passport or apply for UK one and revoke LT Passport.
Message 9 of 135
by: slarti
on: 19/09/2017 | 11:05

eileenusher wrote:

The EU isn't a nationality,European is an ethnicity were still that as were leaving the EU not Europe the continent were still in that unless the found a way to move the country 😁
To become a EU citizen they would have to make a EU citizenship which we dont have,it would take a long time to set up,but to cut a long story short if they could or did yes I'd accept it,as I feel we should be part of our continent and ethnicity not alienating our EU neighbours even more than we allready do,plus I dont want too go back too the old holiday visa system its easier to travel without it.

European is not an ethnicity, it is a resident of one of a number of countries on and around the continent of Europe and those countries contain different ethnicities. Most obvious example being Spain with caucasians, Moors, Jews and Basques. Possibly more.

But you still can't have dual nationality with the EU as the EU is not a nation. Yet.

Message 10 of 135