Knowledge Base
Community

Sorry goes a long way

Started by: chelseamaniac
On: 07/12/2018 | 14:21
Replies: 10

by: chelseamaniac
on: 07/12/2018 | 14:21

After yesterdays outage I would have thought  Giffgaff would have the decency and courage to send everyone a text to apologize. I know it was Errickson's fault but a sorry goes a long way.

A lot of people do not use this site and they have had no contact from Giffgaff about the outage  and do not know why their phones were down.

To me this is not good enough and expect more from a big company like this

Rant  over

Message 1 of 11
by: andyslc
on: 07/12/2018 | 14:59 edited: 07/12/2018 | 16:13

@chelseamaniac Head over to the announcements forum and you ll find a big whopping apology and an offer of compo (from a shared pot) for all of those who feel they were affected badly by yesterday’s problems. All pretty decent for a payg provider I think.

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 2 of 11
by: tooltrader
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:04
I'm not bothered,dont like eastenders anyway.
Message 3 of 11
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:17
Everyone should give it to charity though,to us it'll be a couple of quid so who cares,but if we all chuck it a charities way all the better.
Message 5 of 11
by: chelseamaniac
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:20

And if people would actually read my post it said not everyone come on this site. Proves  people can't be bothered to read don't it and just jump to conclusions

Message 6 of 11
by: michaeldunha
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:25
If you'd been following the comments you'd know texts were also affected, in fact even today people were saying they're still having problems
Message 7 of 11
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:26
Dont worry,eastenders has a super duper omnibus to fall back on,or just watch the first ever episode again,as its like watching the most recent.
Message 8 of 11
Highlighted
by: slarti
on: 07/12/2018 | 16:09

@chelseamaniac wrote:

After yesterdays outage I would have thought  Giffgaff would have the decency and courage to send everyone a text to apologize. I know it was Errickson's fault but a sorry goes a long way.

A lot of people do not use this site and they have had no contact from Giffgaff about the outage  and do not know why their phones were down.

Rant  over

From the announcement liked to above

"We’ll be sending out emails to all members from today and over the next few days. If you feel that you were significantly affected then you can click through and make your choice."

Message 9 of 11
by: andyslc
on: 07/12/2018 | 16:15

@slarti wrote:

@chelseamaniac wrote:

Rant  over

From the announcement liked to above

"We’ll be sending out emails to all members from today and over the next few days. If you feel that you were significantly affected then you can click through and make your choice."

How dare they consider their users like that @slarti. The scoundrels.

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 10 of 11