Community

Soundbar issues. Please help me

Started by: stevieyoung1958
On: 19/01/2019 | 19:52
Replies: 8

by: stevieyoung1958
on: 19/01/2019 | 19:52

Hello I have recently bought this soundbar

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/dvd-blu-ray-and-home-cinema/home-cinema-syst...

The issues I am having is that the sound is out of sync. I have connected the soundbar to my TV. The TV i have is a Sony TV and I also have SKY Q Satellite TV. I do not have Freeview or any other TV Platforms or Providers. The only TV I have and watch is SKY Q Satellite TV. I have never had a soundbar before. I also have no idea why the sound should be out of sync. So please please help me and tell me and explain to me why my sound is out of sync. Thank you

Message 1 of 9
by: stevieyoung1958
on: 19/01/2019 | 20:04

Any help or advice on here would really be very very much appreciated

Message 2 of 9
by: tonicurtis1967
on: 19/01/2019 | 20:05
Try sound settings on sky box and digital audio delay then adjust
Message 3 of 9
by: techiebloke
on: 19/01/2019 | 20:58

@stevieyoung1958

As @tonicurtis1967 have a look at the sound options on the TV (I'm assuming you've connected it to the optical out on the TV?)

If you've connected it to the optical out on the Q box connect it to the one on the TV instead so that the sound is processed at the same speed as the picture information.

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 4 of 9
by: tonicurtis1967
on: 19/01/2019 | 21:06
Sound options on the sky . Not tv
Message 5 of 9
by: techiebloke
on: 19/01/2019 | 21:14

I'd plug it into the TV as there can be a sync difference.

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 6 of 9
by: bigdaddy0714
on: 19/01/2019 | 21:31
This is my tv Sony Bravia KD55XF9005 LED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart Android TV, 55". And when I got it had major problems setting everything up after following all the trouble shooting rubbish I simply plugged everything in then factory reset the thing and go figure it all works perfectly. So if it’s any off the smart TVs try this 😁
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
by: dez_d
community giff-staffer

on: 20/01/2019 | 13:02

@stevieyoung1958

Not sure if this will cure it but it's worth checking how the soundbar is connected.

I don't have the same soundbar as you but mine is connected with a HDMI cable through something called ARC.

From what i know, ARC is bi-directional transfer of information using the HDMI cable. It usually plugs into HDMI 1 at the back of the TV. This is however only possible if your TV has ARC. The HDMI at the back of the TV will clearly show ARC if it's compatible. If you have ARC and the soundbar has HDMI then connect that way instead of optical.

I only found this out about mine the other day as I was having trouble with my remote. It's possible to reset it. To do it on mine I had to long press the on/off button for about 5 seconds. Cured the remote issues.

giffgaff Educator

Message 8 of 9
by: alicantesteve
on: 20/01/2019 | 13:22

On the remote for your sound bar there should be a pair of sync buttons so that you can erase this problem straight away. My soundbat is connected to my sky box and every now and then I have to re sync. Usually a couple of presses of either the plus or minus buttons does it.

Message 9 of 9