Welcome to the announcement of 'Tailor a Trailer', an awesome competition inspired by our recurring event Movie Night, which is held in the Social: Off Topic board every 2 weeks on a Saturday, with movie voting and the chance to win giffgaff popcorn in between.
Obviously, this is the most exciting part so I'll reveal this first.
We have a choice of 3 fantastic prizes available to give away to the winners of this competition.
The winning trailers of each category (There are 3) will also be used in future promotion of the Movie Night event.
We want you to create a trailer for an imaginery giffgaff film/advert/show. It must be under 40 seconds in length and can be whatever genre you like; action, horror, comedy, drama et cetera. Because we know that not everyone is adept at video editing we have 3 categories for you to enter:
Best Storyboard Trailer (Artists)
Best Trailer Script (Writers)
The winning member of each category can choose which of the 3 available prizes they wouldl ike
So, all you need to choose is which category to enter (You may only enter once, and in 1 category only) and if you are adept at all three talents then you can decide which prize you would prefer and base your decision on that
Once you have completed your entry to the competition, all you need to do is post it on this thread, making it clear that it is your official entry. Entries close 20th of August 2013, so you have a whole month.
Q: If I am doing a storyboard or script entry, can I do it in word or as a PDF?
A: Yes, If you do this we would suggest uploading it to dropbox, or another file hosting tool, and posting the link on this thread so we can just download it directly.
Q: Does the trailer have to be about giffgaff?
A: It should be giffgaff related, but you can use your imagination as to what it is about.
We have put together an example trailer so you can get an idea of what we are looking for, see below
The Educator Movie
Pretty impressive, huh?Try not to be intimidated by the professional, Hollywood-esque, quality of our trailer. Making it was absolutely hilarious, we all laughed so much, so for your enjoyment; here are the bloopers:
The Educator Movie
Terms & Conditions
Tailor a Trailer Competition Ts & Cs 3 prizes to be won
Want to win ? (Post your trailer submissions for one of the three categories on the official thread in off topic)
1. By submitting your entry, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
2. You can enter if you’re 16 or over and a UK resident (but not if you’re a giffgaff employee, one of their family, or connected in any other way with this Competition. So hard cheese.) Obviously, third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents are off limits. We (giffgaff) reserve the right to check all entrants are actually eligible, and we reserve the right to require such information as we consider reasonably necessary in order to do that. If we’re not satisfied, you might not get your prize.
3. Entering’s a piece of cake. Simply post your answer on the official Tailor a Trailer thread on the community.
4. You can only enter once, and only in one of the three categories. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
5. We can and will reject any entry, and/or disqualify any winner or entrant, if we think that the entry is defamatory, indecent or violates or infringes any third party’s rights.
6. We own the copyright on all entries submitted, and by entering into the competition you agree that we can use, display, publish, transmit, copy and otherwise exploit your submissions for any purposes we feel appropriate.
7. It’s not over till Tuesday 20th of August at 4:00PM.
8. A winner will be selected and announced on or after the 20th of August. The prize will be sent by royal mail to UK addresses only.
9. We’ll let you all know the winners on the community and privately contact them individually. But we won’t let the prize sit around unclaimed, so if the winner is unable to be contacted by 4pm on the 31st August 2013 - or doesn’t tell us where to send it - we’ll choose another lucky winner.
10. We’re not responsible if you can’t take up the prize.
11. We’re not responsible for any entries that go astray. Ditto for acceptances or other documents or communications related to the Prize, or indeed the prize itself.
12. We’ll put the winner’s on the community, and they may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Competition. If you enter, you agree to your name being made publicly available if you win.
13. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Competition, we reserve the right to end or suspend the Competition; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate the Prize by conducting a simple draw from all entrants
14. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
15. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. We reserve the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
17. This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
18. The promoter of this Competition is giffgaff (that’s us), Hertz House, 11 Vine Street, Uxbridge, UB81QE
For any more information about us, visit our website
We are so excited to see what you can come up with. You have 1 month to create your entries, which is loads of time, so get to work and good luck