Knowledge Base
Community

Tesco Christmas Advert

Started by: mortisrat
On: 06/12/2018 | 17:26
Replies: 7

by: mortisrat
on: 06/12/2018 | 17:26

I caught the Tesco Christmas ad earlier and thought it was quite good, showing how every family has their own traditions and ways of doing things.  I clicked to watch it on youtube to see it properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU0dtWhJXTY

I have honestly never seen anything that scared me like the comments section there.  The hatred and bile that seems to be coming mainly from this country shocks me.  This is the genuine Tesco link so you'd think it would be more balanced and not just attract the one type of person.  I feel a little sick.

Sorry, I haven't been quite the same since that house fell on my sister.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 8
by: frenchielove
on: 06/12/2018 | 17:48

@mortisrat Some people just love to be hateful, it makes them happy, poor souls 

Message 2 of 8
by: dory85
on: 06/12/2018 | 17:50

If makes them happy 😊 

Message 3 of 8
by: holier_than_thou
on: 06/12/2018 | 17:50
Wow, that's a scary comments section Smiley Surprised

All i noticed while watching was the Christmas theme and that it was family orientated. To turn it into something it's not is not only scary but it shows the hatred those people feel towards others who don't fit into their stereo type of what 'British' is.

But regardless whether the families are meant to be British or not, the vitriol that comes across is frightening.

And very very sad Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
by: acetech
on: 06/12/2018 | 18:18
Got to admit the ad is about as politically correct as you can get though.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 8
by: mortisrat
on: 06/12/2018 | 18:28
What I really found disturbing was the numbers (less than 500 thumbs up to 3.2 thousand thumbs down) and that all of the comments seems to be in agreement.
Sorry, I haven't been quite the same since that house fell on my sister.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 8
by: natty_noo
on: 06/12/2018 | 20:01
That's quite the eye-opener!

I didn't realise that the YouTube comments section was the place to find your everyday common racists congregating to slàg off a Tesco Christmas advert.

Knuckle draggers, and that's me being kind.
Message 7 of 8
by: majorincident
on: 06/12/2018 | 20:25

Youtube is a hateful place.  It's an advert for selling food and we all eat.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 8 of 8