Knowledge Base
Community

Tesco SIM only £10

Started by: redbaron51
On: 21/01/2011 | 16:06
Replies: 21

by: redbaron51
on: 21/01/2011 | 16:06

Not sure whether this is the right board....

Activated my SIM last night, bought a £10 goodybag and ported my number from Virgin (estimated date to complete: 25Jan).

Have just seen that tesco are offering SIM only 500min/Ult txt/Ult data for the same £10......I know that the calling prices are different but it is twice as many minutes

Just wondering whether giffgaff are aware of this offer.....

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
When you activate your SIM and top-up with £10
*Remember if you top-up £10 every 3-months you get free giffgaff-to-giffgaff calls
Message 1 of 22
by: danielclo1il
on: 21/01/2011 | 16:09
tescos unlimited isn't, i'll have a look what the FUP says
Thanks
Dann

Message 2 of 22
by: johnnylager
on: 21/01/2011 | 16:10

I'd imagine they are but i'm here for the data, whats tesco FUP for data?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 22
by: danielclo1il
on: 21/01/2011 | 16:11
"If your tariff includes unlimited minutes and texts, the fair usage limit is 3000 mins and 3000 texts
For tariffs that include unlimited data, the fair use policy varies:
On iPhone tariffs, customers have a fair usage limit of 1Gb
Customers on any other Tesco Mobile tariff, non-iPhone, the fair use limit is 500Mb "
Thanks
Dann

Message 4 of 22
by: shutterbug
Also the Tesco deal is a 30 day contract, so you lose the flexibility offered by giffgaff.

Click Here to request a die-cut giffgaff NANO-SIM with £5 credit for your iPhone 5!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To request a precut iPhone 4 microSIM with £5 bonus credit fill out this order form
For a standard SIM with £5 bonus credit please click the banner below.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 22

Sure, from what I have heard giffgaff is really good, hence me porting from Virgin....

It is just a thought.....(TBH, personally it will be difficult for me to use 250min anway, let alone 500min)

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
*Remember if you top-up £10 every 3-months you get free giffgaff-to-giffgaff calls
Message 6 of 22
by: keldaz
on: 21/01/2011 | 16:12
ahhhh but unlike giffgaff, tesco have got fair use policy on texts and internet, the internet is £4 per MB if you go over the limit where as giffgaff is totally unlimited, and giffgaff calls per min are 8p where as tesco's are 20p/m so really, giffgaff is still better!!!!
Hope I helped!! Smiley Happy

.•°*”˜♥°*”˜.•°*” please let us know how you get on and please mark as solution if someone has solved your problem and please give kudos to those who helped!! .•°*”˜♥°*”˜.•°*”

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 22
by: coloncancer
on: 21/01/2011 | 16:14
Data is 500mb a month FUP and texts are 3000 SMS per month FUP with tesco.
Click HERE to request a free SIM card with £5 free credit upon activation.
Having Problems? Try the Search Engine as your first port-of-call.
Bowel Cancer UK - Raising Awareness.
Message 8 of 22
by: keldaz
on: 21/01/2011 | 16:15
copied from tesco site....a fair use policy will apply, monthly data allowance 500MB. £4 per MB there after.
Hope I helped!! Smiley Happy

.•°*”˜♥°*”˜.•°*” please let us know how you get on and please mark as solution if someone has solved your problem and please give kudos to those who helped!! .•°*”˜♥°*”˜.•°*”

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 22
on: 21/01/2011 | 16:17

Again giffgaff seems to be really good....It is just my 1st day as activated giffgaffer Smiley Wink

I wonder when the customer base becomes really sizeable whether the unlimited feature will be capped....

Anyway, I hope I enjoy giffgaff

*OH has ordered a gg SIM last night

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 22