Knowledge Base
Community

Things the EU have done for the UK

Started by: snenklehen
On: 07/12/2018 | 07:20
Replies: 197

by: k89bpa
on: 07/12/2018 | 16:01 edited: 07/12/2018 | 16:03

@snenklehen his response was nonsense in your opinion, which you are more than entitled to.

His response is also factually accurate and so that's what I'm gonna go with. I'll take facts over opinion every day of the week and it's not that I'm saying you didn't present valid facts, you did, but you are also twisting them dramatically as evidenced by the lack of reference to the development fund and how the UK has also benefited from it. 

It's been said many times that the majority of the issues we face are domestic ones which have little or nothing to do with the UK and numerous posters have been at pains to point this out, and then there are those who simply ignore this and rant about it all being down to the EU.

This is just another of those cases I'm afraid. And this is why I say people are ignorant regarding what they actually voted on, however they voted. 

You challenged people to post evidence of the EU helping the UK, it's businesses, it's citizens, but posters have already done that, many, many times, over the course of the last few years, there are literally hundreds of cumulative stories of this, with evidence, (actual evidence like budgets and stuff), and they've all been ignored by yourself and people of your ilk, so what's the point? You talk of echo chambers...both sides are as bad as each other at the very least.

Seriously you're all so **bleep**ing tribal about your bull**bleep** it's like watching the devout atheist and the devout follower of religion go backwards and forwards, literally, neither remotely interested in discussion, just pushing their view. 

I've never cared which side won, or ultimately wins, it's **bleep**ing absurd there even are sides in the first place and shows how inept the British actually are, but the blatant lack of honesty makes me sick. 

I say again, your problem here is with capitalism, not the EU, because it is capitalism which drove and was responsible for all the things you listed. 

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 71 of 198
Highlighted
by: andyslc
on: 07/12/2018 | 16:03

@andishdi wrote:

@andyslc - You’re both choosing to ignore or use terminology to hide the fact that no matter which way you spin it the EU gave UK taxpayer money to businesses if it was to move those factories out of the UK… It doesn’t matter if it was a “grant” an “RDF” the result was the same… Our money used in such a way it made this country poorer… Inexcusable on any level.

The TATA thing is another example… I said that they ignored their own rules to suit them – we can’t continue to be part of that even if in this instance it had no impact on the UK.

@k89bpa - I have no problem with moving your business out of the UK, it’s yours and you’re entitled to do with it as you please but you’re comparing the UK having higher costs to our money being used to move factories to the EU by the EU… Two different things.

Capitalism is fine and you’re entitled to care more about yourself than your fellow man and not be judged for it.

I refer the honourable member to the answer I gave in post 59. 

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 72 of 198
by: standardbearer
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:00
@k89bpa
Your post 61 reminds me that your a modern china communist.
Playing the capitalist system. .
They of course , attempting to take over the world via capitalist system. Talk about ideal values out of the door.
Never known one true communist country Cuba accepted as far as my knowledge will stretch.
Certainly not the soviet union where some are more equal than others.

@snenklehen
Nice post 68. Very interesting.
Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 73 of 198
by: k89bpa
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:16
@standardbearer, nope I'm a full supporter of true Commmunism, the whole shebang, without exception, but when in Rome...

I actually passed the savings I made by relocating along to my customers rather than pocketing the cash. I was able to slash some of their monthly fees by as much as 65%.

They felt good. I felt good. It was a win, win situation.
Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 74 of 198
by: reecepaula
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:22

We pay the CEO of giff gaff an what the he'll is he doing about this ??!!

Message 75 of 198
by: tooltrader
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:28
Probaby moving giffgaff to Slovakia reecepaula.
Message 76 of 198
by: jms0
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:35

@tooltrader wrote:

Probaby moving giffgaff to Slovakia reecepaula.

Don't we already have agents in India doing the jobs the British can't be bothered to?

You're the boss so check out Giffgaff's financial statements
Message 77 of 198
by: tooltrader
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:37
I think its N.Ireland and giffgaffers doing the jobs no one wants to do jms0.
Message 78 of 198
by: nefarius
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:42

What does this actually mean? 👇 @standardbearer

"Never known one true communist country Cuba accepted as far as my knowledge will stretch." 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 79 of 198
by: jms0
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:43

@tooltrader wrote:

I think its N.Ireland and giffgaffers doing the jobs no one wants to do jms0.

Some in India as well:

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Member-Service-improvements/ba-p/569179/page/30

You're the boss so check out Giffgaff's financial statements
Message 80 of 198