Started by: riajoy
On: 02/05/2017 | 10:28
Replies: 70

Highlighted
by: riajoy
on: 02/05/2017 | 10:28 edited: 03/05/2017 | 17:09

thread.png

Hey everyone,

As you probably know, our new TV ad and campaign went live 2 weeks ago and as always you lovely lot had  the 1st view of the new advert. If you’re still yet to see the thread, then here it is.

Let us know what you think on the thread above, we love to hear your feedback.

The messaging for this year’s campaign is all about freedom, at giffgaff you’re not tied down, there’s the flexibility to come and go if you so please.

We obviously want all of our lovely members to stay with us as we value every single one of you - giffgaff is different though, there’s choice and flexibility,  it’s totally up to each member to decide to stay with us.  

giffgaff is also an open door, there’s no egos here, if you decide to try something new, don’t like it, and come back, then we are here with open arms and can’t wait to welcome you back.

We just view this a you taking a little holiday but coming home again - home is where the heart is after all ;-)

So, this got us thinking…… what in life have we left, regretted and then gone back to?

We had a lot of fun thinking about this, here are a few of our mini stories:

Ria – Like most people, I eventually flew the nest and left my parents’ house to go live alone. I love my independence and enjoyed the freedom (for a while) but what I didn’t enjoy was the constant need to go shopping as the fridge was forever empty and the washing basket didn’t magically empty itself anymore and arrive back on my bed clean and folded.

I’m now that person that goes crawling back to mum’s house every week, raiding the fridge and putting a wash on – I will never properly move out of home, it’s much better there.

Amy – Music has always been a bit part of my life. When I was at school I used to play the violin, I was pretty good but like most teenagers I hit 18 and gave up. Now that I’m in my 20’s I wish so much that I hadn’t given up just before my grade 6, I could have been great! Because I missed playing an instrument, I decided to buy a ukulele and started teaching myself some chords and some of my favourite tunes. I absolutely love playing and singing again but my neighbors probably don’t. 

Shaina - As a kid i was a keen dancer and used to do lots of shows. Like Amy i gave up as a teenager as i became interested in other things which now have very little value to me may i add.

I love to dance and wish i had continued the classes and shows. I now make up for it by dancing like a luni at weddings and family parties though - Cringe alert.

So there’s a few of ours, we could have kept going but it’s way more fun hearing your stories. So what things have you left, regretted, and then gone back to?

If you have any good stories then share them on here, we’re itching to hear them.

Have fun with this and be as creative as your minds will allow, we might even be able to turn some the best stories into visuals :-) Any great stories will be rewarded with extra payback.

Cheers everyone, we can’t wait to hear yours.

Ria

Message 1 of 71
by: extreme_one
on: 03/05/2017 | 17:54

I used to be an extremely keen angler, throughout my childhood and into my mid-twenties.

Then, when I became a dad, I found myself with less and less time to spend on my favourite passtime.

I ended up selling my entire collection of fishing tackle and have regretted it ever since. Smiley Sad

I now have three sons that I'm teaching to fish, so I've decided it's time to build up a collection of equipment again so I can join them on the bankside.

I'm using my Payback to purchase new fishing tackle, so thank you giffgaff for helping me rekindle my passion for angling. Smiley Very Happy

If this post can be taken one of two ways, and one of the ways offends you, I probably meant it the other way. Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 71
by: jeremylalou
on: 03/05/2017 | 18:08 edited: 05/05/2017 | 16:11

pancakes

Message 3 of 71
by: mrwmitty
on: 03/05/2017 | 19:57 edited: 03/05/2017 | 20:01

Well I sold my Aventador and bought a Huracan,, mistake, never went back , ended up with an Estoque

Take it how you like, It`s meant as a friendly post.
Regards, Walter.
Message 4 of 71
by: eileenusher
on: 03/05/2017 | 20:02
I use to own a horse up to a teenager,lost interest found boys,now I regret selling it and giving up horse riding,couldn't afford one now tho as money goes on the kids,maybe one day again.
Message 5 of 71
by: techiebloke
on: 03/05/2017 | 20:19

No regrets, 'cos they don't work. Smiley Happy

Joking aside, I have left gg a number of times and come back.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
"Those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind"
Message 6 of 71
by: jamie_hyman_webster
on: 03/05/2017 | 20:25

I remember once, it was a Thursday on a windy day in March.

I'd just left Argos with a full dining set, put the rather cumbersome box in the car, got in and started the engine.

It was only when I was halfway across the carpark, I'd realised that I'd forgotten to buy four AA batteries.

So I had to turn back. 

I don't know what they thought of me in Argos. Still have a chuckle to myself thinking about it now.

Message 8 of 71
by: historylessons
on: 04/05/2017 | 11:16 edited: 04/05/2017 | 11:18

I took up yoga in my twenties......I wish now that I had continued it. 

A few years ago, I found that I still remembered all the breathing exercises, and use them regularly when under stress, (although my ancient ailing body is now sadly no longer capable of practicing the physical art! )

I thought you might enjoy this new free verse poem, written by me on what would have been my father's 93rd birthday had he lived........... he was a very patient man who lived for many years with heart failure, his lungs filling with fluid regularly, like drowning whilst living.

It seems especially appropriate now in view of your new picture!

Meditation   

They wait.......

......the patient, who know the meaning of time.

Time to gain the wisdom of the Ancients.

Adopting a perfect position, they breathe.....slowly.

In....out, pause.....in....out, pause. In. Hold. Exhale.

Expanding their rib cage, they feel their diaphragm rise and fall.

Every breath taken very deliberately.......

extracting the maximum benefit from each.

They sense oxygen as it enters their lungs,

the rush of ‘light’ that feeds bodily functions.......

.......and expands their minds.

Yes, mind over matter is what they seek.

Control over self.

Day after day, year upon year, they master the technique.

Their patience is endless, for they await.......the Infinite.

Union with the One.

A mystic becoming.

Six thousand years of...... waiting,

the patient now are masters of their bodies.

Their minds, light.

Their breath, prana.

They are free of desire.....

they need no food.....

they simply breathe......and are.

It is done. Oneness of being.

They float among the stars, those who waited...... and learned;

the patient, who knew the meaning of time.

(An original poem artpoet©2017. Please respect my intellectual property rights.)

Message 9 of 71
by: mic_fin
on: 04/05/2017 | 11:58
I liked tea, then went to coffee, then went off coffee and went back to tea.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 71