On: 17/03/2019 | 20:45
Replies: 37

by: asimahj
on: 18/03/2019 | 21:22
collies are nice and friendly
Message 21 of 38
by: majorincident
on: 18/03/2019 | 21:51

Think about what actually having a dog really involves.  Feeding, training, walking, vet fees.  Unless you are going to be a committed dog keeper @helen_starkey, I would advise against.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 22 of 38
by: helen_starkey
on: 18/03/2019 | 23:14

@majorincidentwrote:

Think about what actually having a dog really involves.  Feeding, training, walking, vet fees.  Unless you are going to be a committed dog keeper @helen_starkey, I would advise against.

Understandble still just an idea at the moment, but if i did it wouldnt be a pet it would be part of the family Smiley Happy and there is nuthing i wont do for family x

Message 23 of 38
by: only_justme65
on: 19/03/2019 | 01:23
No idea,,

Pet free,, furniture all in one piece,,,
Lawn doesn't have dead patches,
And no need to go walkabout at three in the morning...!
Message 24 of 38
Highlighted
by: helen_starkey
on: 19/03/2019 | 01:26

@only_justme65wrote:

No idea,,

Pet free,, furniture all in one piece,,,
Lawn doesn't have dead patches,
And no need to go walkabout at three in the morning...!

Get some nice fresh air at 3 in the morning hehe

Message 25 of 38
by: angelyoung
on: 30/03/2019 | 22:36 edited: 05/04/2019 | 14:20

Hey,if you are thinking about your first dog,i can advice you these breeds:goldendoodle,american cocker spaniel(but he will be jelous if you have other pets).Click for more about food Royal Canin is great choice,cause they have special food for every breed,considering their sensitive stomach or needing in special supplements.

Message 26 of 38
by: patchandcrew
on: 30/03/2019 | 22:49

@angelyoungwrote:

Hey,if you are thinking about your first dog,i can advice you these breeds:goldendoodle

<snip>

They are not a breed, they are crosses.. As such, advising on any mix does not really work as there are such variants from the breeds (unethically) used.. Those variants are pup to pup within a litter, let alone litters as a whole. 

I do wish people generally would stop proffessing to be experts on such things when its just not possible to be. 

Message 27 of 38
by: birop86
on: 30/03/2019 | 23:30

I debated getting a dog for ages finally got one and now have 3 all Staffordshire bull terrier and all are working dogs, and have not regretted a day of having them, but my only advice would be make sure I get a bread to suit your life style as the are a lot of work and do lots of research into owning and breads as all dogs have different requirements, also if you get from pup look up all training as it's not as easy as it seems but at the same time it's so rewarding thou rescue is just as rewarding. But if u do get one you'll enjoy every minute of it  and you'll have a new friend for life. Go for it

Message 28 of 38
by: gemmaoscar21
on: 31/03/2019 | 02:52 edited: 31/03/2019 | 02:56

i have a chihuahua they got such a massive heart she puts her mummy before even herself even if it kills her . x i love her so much . x depends on what dog suits you as a chihuahua suits me shes small . playful . very inteligent . and she was very easy to train . and doesnt need walking as much as the biggger breeds . 

Message 29 of 38
by: hdavey17
on: 31/03/2019 | 04:27

Always had a dog growing up. We had a corgi called Ted. Best dog ever. 

Its a big responsibility having a dog but if you know you can provide a good home then why not. 

We currently have a cat who is nearly 15.  He’s probably the most popular member of my family lol 😻.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 30 of 38