Knowledge Base
Community

Todays hot topic - feminism and activists

Started by: djgizzouk
On: 22/03/2019 | 19:09
Replies: 12

by: djgizzouk
on: 22/03/2019 | 19:09

I love women .. my mums one but some of the feminist people on tv / youtube seem to be very unlike the people i meet in real life with some rather extreme views ... i dont ever meet the guys they speak of in real life ... almost like they have an imaginary enemy... take this very forum as an example of perfect intergration amongst all people speaking equally.... my real life is very similar.. with some occasional strong personalities on both sides of the equation.... 

Message 1 of 13
by: gvmhb
on: 22/03/2019 | 19:42

I don't remember meeting any strongly chauvinistic men, but I have known some fairly violently feminist women.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 13
by: swamppig
on: 22/03/2019 | 19:56

My granddaughter (aged 34)is a activist/feminist, she also uses Giffgaff Gaff but thankfully not on this forum, she has moved to a new town after 3 months she has declared war on the local bus company and landlords .....if she used this forum I would bet on it that she would be banned, despite being a talented writer and  teacher.

Message 3 of 13
by: claire1uk
on: 22/03/2019 | 20:04

Speaking as a Woman on this planet. 

As much as I admire and demand equality on a level playing field, I do think some Women try to hard and can give the wrong impression. 

We are strong and powerful, but sometimes i don't think they need to keep harping on about it. 

We have come a long way, fgs enjoy it!

Sometimes simmering away in the background, can reap it's own rewards. 

Just my thoughts people, no offense intended. 🤗🤗🤗

Message 4 of 13
by: swamppig
on: 22/03/2019 | 20:19

@gvmhb I think male chauvinism and feminism could be a regional thing   🤔

Message 5 of 13
by: standardbearer
on: 22/03/2019 | 20:52

@djgizzouk 

Djgi any names who you consider a feminist.

@swamppig

Get your Grandaugher to join.

Would really like to hear her opinions when she gets going.

Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 6 of 13
by: pinks29
on: 23/03/2019 | 00:27

@djgizzouk

I've come across some very chavanistic men in my life, who need their mothers to give them a good slap. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 13
by: nefarius
on: 23/03/2019 | 02:44

Feminism is so passe. So yesterday. So miniscual these days it's not worth a mention. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 13
by: standardbearer
on: 23/03/2019 | 08:01

@nefariuswrote:

Feminism is so passe. So yesterday. So miniscual these days it's not worth a mention. 

You must be joking thats all I hear on Good Morning Britain when an identified feminist is interviewed and now transgender too.

The feminist is called a feminist on the programme.

Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 9 of 13
by: nefarius
on: 23/03/2019 | 08:12

@standardbearerwrote:

@nefariuswrote:

You must be joking thats all I hear on Good Morning Britain when an identified feminist is interviewed and now transgender too.

The feminist is called a feminist on the programme.

I'm not joking, it's so passe, it's not funny. It's not my fault you watch Good Morning Britain! That's your fault Smiley Very Happy

@standardbearer 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 13