Knowledge Base
Community

Two sim cards?

Started by: chibi88
On: 09/07/2018 | 12:43
Replies: 4

by: chibi88
on: 09/07/2018 | 12:43

For phones that allow two sim cards, what's the benefit? Is it meant to be two sim cards from the same provider or two sim cards from two different providers?

Message 1 of 5
by: revjonty
on: 09/07/2018 | 13:57
Generally speaking people will use sims from 2 different providers, this is to take advantage of such things as coverage where one provider is better in some locations than the other, or different tariffs (i. e. One provider may be cheaper for domestic calls, the other for international).

Order a sim from here & get a bonus £5 credit upon activation

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 5
by: baconbutty
on: 09/07/2018 | 14:21

Mine has a GG and a 3 sim cards .

You choose which one handles data but can swap at any time .

And you can set which sim cards send texts or make calls or set it to always ask which I do when you send a text or make a call.

banner.png
Message 3 of 5
by: kenralph
on: 09/07/2018 | 14:36 edited: 09/07/2018 | 14:46

I used to have a phone that handled two sim cards one was a UK number, used that for everything, the other was the regular 9 digit Portuguese number which was used by an app that sent text alerts for wildfires reported near my other house. It cannot send to 11 digit numbers (the app only allows 9)

Other than that, dual Sims for drug barons to halve the amount of phones they carry.

Dual Sims for home and office usage (turn the works one off after hours!)

One for your wife, the other for your lover, the list is endless really!

/edits

Just had a word with a friend who said this is OK as long as no names are mentioned!

I have a friend who suspected her husband of cheating, who had a dual sim phone, so she set up a new number in there and 'accidently' sent an innocuous

"I'm sorry I can't make tonight, I'll see you at the weekend x" to her husband's number, hastily followed by a "please ignore wrong number."

Well that's how it started.

He replied, saying he'd meet her if she'd been stood up, etc etc, things went from bad to worse, and she found out some horrid things about him and his thoughts.

Message 4 of 5
by: carrow1
on: 09/07/2018 | 15:22
Dual SIM phones can be used with any two SIM cards with the same network or not. they have not been popular in the UK although they are gaining popularity they are very popular in places like India and Pakistan. I can see the main advantage of having your own personal line and a business line into the same phone.
Message 5 of 5