Knowledge Base
Community

UKIP news of the day

Started by: tradertall
On: 07/12/2018 | 15:29
Replies: 15

by: nefarius
on: 07/12/2018 | 20:57

As I said Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon would be the death knell for Ukip. I use his real name. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 16
by: kenralph
on: 09/12/2018 | 00:11 edited: 09/12/2018 | 21:26

Leaving a union of countries that has been trading as one for over 40 years is not quite as trite as a football match, which, funnily enough, will be played at a later date.

I'll grant you the fact that it's how things are decided at the moment, (less than a third of a vote wins) but it hasnt always been that way.

Not so long ago, you had to be male, and have a certain amount of land to have a vote, then it was considered that certain females could also vote (after a lengthy battle) now, it's anyone over 18 something something prisoner something sectioned something.

And I daresay soon it'll be 6 years old and above (if one idiot has his way) and I'd wager it won't be long before there has to be a clear 70/30 split or 60/40.

I saw an interesting article that in certain close fought constituencies it would have taken around half a million votes to swing the vote the other way. that's how divided this is. It's too important to say 'we won you lost' and the fact that Theresa May has done nothing to alleviate the fear only proves it. The vote was an Ego Trip for Cameron, it's an Ego trip for May and too scary for at least ten ministers to stay in their jobs. One didnt realise that Dover has a lot of lorries coming through it..thats the farce the rest of the world sees, and brexit believers fail to see.

This government is leaving it to unknown members to have a brief 15 minutes of fame. It's shocking, and embarrassing.

Message 12 of 16
by: contro
on: 09/12/2018 | 19:18

I think Ukip in now officially finished 

Message 13 of 16
by: techiebloke
on: 09/12/2018 | 21:03 edited: 09/12/2018 | 21:04

There comes a point in any negotiation where one side says to the other "that's our final offer" which is exactly what has happened in this case.

I don't quite understand why Brexiteers are so deluded as to believe they can continue to negotiate, on what exactly?

This seems more and more about a power struggle than actually doing what is best for the country.

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 14 of 16
by: sarahaxon
on: 09/12/2018 | 21:30
Have to say I agree with you there @contro. The poor (if alarming) turnout on the march today confirms it.
Message 15 of 16
by: tradertall
on: 10/12/2018 | 09:54

@techiebloke wrote:

I don't quite understand why Brexiteers are so deluded as to believe they can continue to negotiate, on what exactly?

Brexiteers can't agree on what they want.

30% of them are ok with Theresa May's deal...

Of the 70% who don't, different sub-groups want different things...

But they blame remainers of course.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 16