Knowledge Base
Community

Vodafone Home Broadband...?

Started by: emmily121
On: 05/10/2016 | 15:25
Replies: 8

by: emmily121
on: 05/10/2016 | 15:25

Does anyone have Vodafone Home Broadband, is it reliable, is it good?

OH spends a lot of time playing online tank games, I think he'd lose the will to live if he couldn't play his little tank game Smiley Wink

Vodafone home broadband would need to be as good as Virgin for us to switch.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Give the dogs a Bonio. For every new account activated using the banner above I'll give Rosie and Daisy, my 2 cross-terrier dogs a Bonio

Message 1 of 9
by: giffgaffer_manchester
on: 05/10/2016 | 15:33
@emmily121I don't no but I do no that virgin is the only operator who don't use your phone line for the internet connection so I would say if your connection is good don't change you might regret it ring virgin if out of contract and tell them your thinking off leaving unless they give you some kind of discount 😉🙋😉
everyone needs a little hope love and someone who believes in them, remembering difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations. Happy giffgaffing one and all
Message 2 of 9
on: 05/10/2016 | 15:50

Thanks for reply @giffgaffer_manchester

That didn't work the last time I tried to get a loyalty discount, we've been with Virgin (previously Telewest) for over 15 years. I will try again for loyalty discount as Virgin is increasing their bill prices by £3.39 from 1st November.

We're on a tight budget, cancelled our Virgin TV last year and are now on freeview as costs were too high. The Internet is both our main pleasure (how sad is that Smiley Wink) so if we've got the best I suppose we may as well stick with it.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Give the dogs a Bonio. For every new account activated using the banner above I'll give Rosie and Daisy, my 2 cross-terrier dogs a Bonio

Message 3 of 9
by: baconbutty
on: 05/10/2016 | 15:57

Probably depends on how good Vodafone's signal is in your area,here is a link with reviews...

http://www.broadband.co.uk/mobile-broadband/providers/vodafone-mobile/reviews/

banner.png
Message 4 of 9
by: giffgaffer_manchester
on: 05/10/2016 | 15:58
@emmily121 I would if I was you but that don't sound good having to get rid of all them channels have you not looked into having the box chipped I bet that's annoying 15 years and still no discount I would try giving 30days notice that might pull them into offers the last thing they want to do is loose you if they don't help ask for a manager tell them you've had to turn all your service off could they not offer you an offer as good will worth a try and I no that feeling
everyone needs a little hope love and someone who believes in them, remembering difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations. Happy giffgaffing one and all
Message 5 of 9
on: 05/10/2016 | 16:33

Thanks for reply and link @baconbutty I'll read it later.

@giffgaffer_manchester we had the Medium TV package, a lot of the programmes were repeats, of repeats, though we still a lot of repeats on Freeview. The main programmes I miss is Criminal Minds Season 11, it was about to start the season 11 when we went freeview, eventually it will be shown on Freeview, don't know how many years I'll have to wait for it.

I don't think Virgin (or any other *big company) gives a monkeys about their customers, we're not high users or high payers, I can't see virgn caring if we threaten to leave, though I will give it a try.

(*I got a £10 Asda voucher last year when I complained to Asda's CEO about the way I was treated in their store after I purchased online and paid via Paypal). 

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 6 of 9
by: maxheadroom1988
on: 05/10/2016 | 16:36

Never mind tight virgins how much is vodafone broadband?

Get a free giffgaff SIM
Message 7 of 9
by: jimfraegala
on: 05/10/2016 | 16:38

Soory cannot help @emmily121 I have my broadban with Talktalk

JIm

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
on: 05/10/2016 | 16:53

After reading the reviews on @baconbutty link, the Vodafone leaflet has gone in the recycling bin...

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 9 of 9