Community

Well, I had a job centre appt today.

Started by: bantonm
On: 04/10/2016 | 19:37
Replies: 41

Highlighted
by: dtuxcomp
on: 05/10/2016 | 12:17
@bantonm Yep your phone will have no idea if it's charged or empty as it can't read the battery state. Good to hear you've got some food in you, and these outreach places can be a geat source of contacts and networking, as they deal day in day out with all the people who have been let down by the state. Keep chipping away at the social and the council as if they get a chance to forget you they will. TBH my advice would be though to not hold your breath or rely on them, until the DWP puts money in your hand don't trust it. I suggest you have one of two ways ahead.

1. Get a GP / MHT to lean on the council stressing your vulnerabilities in the hopes it'll force the council to treat you as a priority, at the moment they will have classed you as single adult male with no vulnerabilities which means they have no legal requirement to house you.

or

2. Scrape together enough cash to rent the cheapest 1 room sh^thole you can find then get onto housing benefit and JSA / ESA sharpish to get some money coming in while you slowly rebuild.

Both options are a massive struggle but at the moment you've got a lot further you can fall, and it's going to take your strength to drag your way back up, as unfortunately the welfare state is no longer setup to help people who need help.

Sorry for the downer but hope you understand it's said as honest advice not any sort of dig at you or judgement. Look after yourself mate. D.
Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 41 of 42