Knowledge Base
Community

Well, Maccies aren't THAT nice after all!!

Started by: pd789
On: 05/10/2016 | 11:53
Replies: 18

by: pd789
on: 05/10/2016 | 12:12
@gindygoo

They're saying they only ban for anti social behaviour, they didn't say they refused her for that reason. She was queuing up just like every other customer, the only difference was she didn't have any money.
Message 11 of 19
by: bantonm
on: 05/10/2016 | 12:14

I'm parked on maccies right now, not feeling too well so got my head down before I go to the mission. They gave me a free cup of tea and and I am using  their WiFi. No one has troubled me but it could be because I am on my own and in my car, now an eyesore or having a natter and probably a laugh during dark times also not begging patrons which will be the things classed as anti social.

FB_IMG_1475666011445.jpg

Get your GiffGaff sim - Click HERE
Please remember to give kudos and best answers.
Message 12 of 19
by: gindygoo
on: 05/10/2016 | 12:18
Ah I see, @pd789 so she wasn't banned and the server was just being a **bleep** then...

You know, a huge percentage of us are only 1 months wages away from homelessness. I'd wager a maccies employee (min wage?) is certainly one of them, and yet they saw fit to treat this woman with such disdain? Well, it'd be karma if they found themselves homeless in the years to come, wouldn't it!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 13 of 19
by: pd789
on: 05/10/2016 | 12:21
@gindygoo

I think she was banned, but that night she was just queuing up for water. Surely if she was being polite and in need of a warm drink they could've shown some compassion?
Message 14 of 19
Highlighted
by: hero_of_canton
on: 05/10/2016 | 12:24
Depends what she done to get banned in the 1st place
Message 15 of 19
by: gindygoo
on: 05/10/2016 | 12:32
Yeah like I said, lots of us are one hiccup away from homelessness. Although, there's lots u can do to overcome this, it's difficult to see that once you've beecome entrenched.

The fact that a lot of homeless ppl get off their faces so they can deal with the **bleep** life's dealt them, only cements their situation. But if I were in that sitch, I'd probably want to mask the awful truth by getting completely **bleep**-faced too.

It's such a sad state of affairs, our country should not have a homelessness problem, for **bleep**s sake we're one of the world's richest countries! I know that a certain element of homeless ppl don't want stability, but that within itself I believe is because of the state falling them at vulnerable times in their lives.

There's also nothing wrong with a nomadic lifestyle, but the homeless folk you see on our streets are so much more than just nomads.

As awful as it is though, we as a society have become immune to it. We happily walk past these 'unfortunates' telling ourselves "they'd get help if they wanted to, it's a choice they've made". In reality maybe they're just too downtrodden to give a **bleep** anymore.

Well, I'd like to believe I'm not one of those happily oblivious types. In reality though, I'm just as immune to the suffering as the next person who's one paycheck away from sharing that patch outside McDonald's Smiley Sad
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 19
by: tonicurtis1967
on: 05/10/2016 | 13:34
I wouldnt tar them all with same brush
Message 18 of 19
by: alecalexandrou
on: 05/10/2016 | 13:44
There are many two faced people in this world, who would jump at every opportunity to have a go at the behaviours of restaurants such as McDonalds, but who would be the first to moan and complain about sitting next to someone who was smelly, or who looked homeless, and was a bit messy with their appearance.

If people want to help the homeless, then go find one and take them to McDonalds or a restaurant of your choice and feed them, take them home with you and wash them, give them your clothes, your bed, your money.

People are too keen to criticise but do not want to give their own money to help, they expect others to do it.
McDonalds is a business, and it will give water if it wants to, not because other people think that it should.

This whole story is very weird, as the article states that the woman was refused a cup of hot water, but the guy bought her a cheesburger.
So she did not want a cup of tea or anything, and she does not look as if she got the water either.

Glad to see that this chap took her home and fed her, and has promised further help.

THIS WILL COST HIM.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 19 of 19