Community

What do you think stay or leave the eu

Started by: hayman3663
On: 20/01/2019 | 19:17
Replies: 58

by: acetech
on: 21/01/2019 | 21:02

@k89bpa wrote:

Exhibit #1: acetech the bastion of intellectual debate.

Intellectual to you is obviously only those who agree with your ideal regarding how results of a referendum should be calculated and not how they are, that isn't debate that's your way or you sticking your fingers in your ears going "la, la, la I'm right your wrong, the system is wrong and I know best about everything and anyone else is an idiot" when you cannot even begin to fathom that for your argument to be true the opposite also has to be true regarding the referrendum. You claim that to not be true but have proven it to be so repeatedly.

You know I said in your other thread some are hardly worth bothering with because they think they already know and dismiss everything else.... Well.... Yeah

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 51 of 59
Highlighted
by: k89bpa
on: 21/01/2019 | 21:06 edited: 21/01/2019 | 21:56

Dude, (@acetech), just literally **bleep** off.

I have attempted to engage in open, honest discussion with you and for reasons known only to yourself you have rejected each and every attempt so I now conclude that your only purpose in responding to me if to deliberately attempt to illicite an emotional response from me.

I'm not interested in such juvenile things so **bleep** off and play your games with someone else.

If you ever want an open, honest discussion and are willing to refrain from personal comments come find me, if not...

When you won't even admit that "the referendum came about because some people wanted to make a change to our relationship with the European Union, that proposed change was put to the electorate for their endorsement and consent.", is what happened without trying to claim "spin" there really isn't any point in you speaking to me on this matter.

It's totally delusional, (you object vehemently to the ignorance assertion and if I accept that, which I'm perfectly willing to do despite the lack of demonstration of acquired knowledge, it must be delusion). Even primary school kids who are familiar with the situation know that is what happened for goodness sake. 

And if it's not ignorance or delusion then it is someone blatantly taking the **bleep**. 

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
For the meaning behind the codes in my posts search the code GGK-0228-2309
Message 52 of 59
by: sarahaxon
on: 21/01/2019 | 21:19

@davelufc62 wrote:

I voted to leave and because we are a democracy, then whatever anybody thinks is irrelevant because the country has voted to leave END OF!  I Studied government and politics at O 'level (and passed) and to be honest I don't think we should have joined in the first place but also it had stopped being "a common market place" so I believe that the EU pretty much forced our hand and that's why I believe the majority voted to leave. We certainly won't be any worse off out of the EU beurocracy I don't think  But I suppose time will tell. 

Hi Dave

As someone with an O level in politics, please explain the relationship between a representative Parliamentary democracy and an advisory referendum. 

Thank you.

Message 53 of 59
by: mrbond007
on: 21/01/2019 | 21:39

Advisory !

Did it say that on ballot papers or was it very clear it was leave or remain 

Get over it 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 54 of 59
by: k89bpa
on: 21/01/2019 | 21:59 edited: 21/01/2019 | 22:24

@mrbond007 wrote:

Advisory !

Did it say that on ballot papers...

Yes, it was advisory, (technically a pre-legislative referendum).

You are very welcome. 

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
For the meaning behind the codes in my posts search the code GGK-0228-2309
Message 55 of 59
by: eileenusher
on: 21/01/2019 | 22:04
@sarahaxon lol I love that question, I won't answer as like you would love to hear @davelufc62 answer
Message 56 of 59
by: eileenusher
on: 21/01/2019 | 22:06
@mrbond007 a refrendum is only advisory it is not legally binding, unless the government make it so at the time, and guess what Cameron didn't.
Message 57 of 59
by: goldenratio
on: 21/01/2019 | 22:08
@hayman3663 if it makes no difference to you, then vote stay. Thanks
Message 58 of 59
by: richfc
on: 21/01/2019 | 22:17

the vote was leave so it should be leave

Message 59 of 59