Started by: hayman3663
On: 20/01/2019 | 19:17
Replies: 58

by: pamfletch
on: 21/01/2019 | 09:43

@majorincident wrote:

@pete2009 wrote:

100% leave.

The problem is that everything has been sold to foreign investors. There's virtually nothing left.

I had no idea that China and India were in the EU.

@majorincident hi, like you I didn’t realise they were EU I thought they were Asia. I voted to leave and I stand by it, if we’re made to stay in now you can imagine what our lives would be. A satellite of Europe with no say in matters involving us, is that why our forebears fought in 2 world wars for? I don’t think so! That’s my opinion for what it’s worth.😳

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Internet &MMS settings | Ask an Agent | If you need a SIM sent 1st class PM Me
Message 31 of 59
by: eileenusher
on: 21/01/2019 | 10:01 edited: 21/01/2019 | 10:06

Well after reading this whole thread, I still think stay is the best option, at least we will get votes on new laws etc, if we left with a deal wouldn't get a vote, would just have to abide by whatever law they passed. If we leave without a deal I still feel this is a very bad idea, it's obvious to me it'll effect our economy in different ways ie the pound value falling, Companies leaving loss of jobs, less money to spend etc all effect our economy,  world trade federation rules are worse than EU trade ones and cost more as more tax etc to pay, further to import costs more also.
As for the refrendum results I'm with @k89bpa on that one, I would go one further and say another vote on that paper should be stay, leave without a deal, leave with mays deal, then everyone should be made to vote, make it an online and telephone vote as well as a ballot, the telephone one can be automated press 1 for stay 2 leave, 3 deal etc, that way no one has an excuse not too vote.,id even say fines should be given if people who are eligible to vote don't without a good reason ie dying, or not of sound mind are obviously good reasons why people wouldn't be able, but can't assed to get up and do it isn't one, our countries future is far to important for laziness in my opinion so fines if £50 or more may get people to vote, after all a lot who don't vote moan about outcomes how can you moan if you don't vote.

Message 32 of 59
by: catweazle1961
on: 21/01/2019 | 11:08

The answer to the question has already been voted on. 

What sayest thou?
Message 33 of 59
by: niknak71
on: 21/01/2019 | 12:06
I still want to leave @hayman3663 even though it is getting on my Ti_s to be honest but I would still vote leave , the EU will not let us leave without a deal they need us and our Billions more than we need them..
Message 34 of 59
by: sarahaxon
on: 21/01/2019 | 12:36
@niknak71

.... the EU will not let us leave without a deal ...

Not so.

It it is entirely up to us whether we leave with a deal or without. We could also stop the whole process and go back to as we were by revoking Article 50. We are a sovereign nation and always have been. The choice is ours.

The only thing we would need the EU's permission for is to extend the period for making up our mind beyond March 29th. That would require the permission of all 27. The EU have indicated if asked, they would extend, but only if it was for a good reason eg to allow time for an election or for legislation to be passed. They are not going to give us more time simply to faff about..
Message 35 of 59
by: stevenbentley
on: 21/01/2019 | 12:38

Well we voted to leave so we should leave, well we should of left already to be fair. 

Message 36 of 59
on: 21/01/2019 | 12:53
@stevenbentley

Why should we have left already? The one thing that is clear about this mess is that there is a process with a timeframe. We knew that before the referendum and before A50 was triggered. The UK reps were the ones who actually wrote these processes many years ago!

Lord Kerr - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerr,_Baron_Kerr_of_Kinlochard
Message 37 of 59
by: kate1028
on: 21/01/2019 | 13:04

I can't understand this ridiculous obsession by some Remainers that they must include people who didn't vote, in the statistics as 'not voting to leave'.  People who didn't vote, DON'T COUNT.  The assumption is they didn't care either way, and as far as I'm concerned, if they couldn't be bothered to get off their backsides and put a cross on a bit of paper, then they are persona non grata.   After all, if forced to vote, who says they might not have all voted to Leave.

Please stop including non voters in statistics.   As far as the vote results goes, they don't even exist.

Message 38 of 59
by: mrbond007
on: 21/01/2019 | 13:39

Out NOW 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 39 of 59
on: 21/01/2019 | 14:15
@mrbond007 @stevenbentley

So you're not prepared to listen to any warnings, nor bothered about the impact on the economy.
Why? Do you long to smash everything up?
Why has this become so important to you that you would press for a course of action which would stuff our trade for years to come?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/21/england-rebel-spirit-no-deal-brexit
Message 40 of 59