Knowledge Base
Community

What happens to the asylum seekers

Started by: contro
On: 30/12/2018 | 16:00
Replies: 34

by: sweetheart62
on: 30/12/2018 | 21:33 edited: 30/12/2018 | 21:39

Now I thought they were supposed to seek asylum in the first safe county they came to. Not cross the majority of Europe and the English channel then seek asylum.
Where did they get the money from for that?
They all have mobile phones, which need charging! But they have no money.
Why are the majority of them men?
Are they running because they have to do national service?
At the end of the day we as a country cannot care for our own, there should be no one homeless.
PTSD is a terrible condition for which there is no cure, don't argue I live with someone who suffers from it, if our resources were not being wasted on these so called asylum seeker chancers then there would be the money there to help our own.
We are all suffocated and not allowed to express our views with fear of being called racist.

Message 31 of 35
by: standardbearer
on: 30/12/2018 | 22:48 edited: 30/12/2018 | 22:57

@andyslc wrote:

@standardbearer Just a few quick points as I don’t want to derail the thread:

Asylum seekers arrive here for a reason - typically because we have connections going back decades to some of the countries, English is more commonly spoken and many EU countries conveniently let them disappear back into the smuggling routes/black economy. The black economy being something we really need to get a grip on in this country not just a European problem.

They don’t get a better deal than citizens living here - £37 per week isn’t really worth the risks unless you have no choice.(again stamping in the black economy will reduce the attraction - in a way we are victims of our own economic success ie the U.K. is more attractive because there is the possibility of employment)

We aren’t a safe haven for all of them but we have international legal obligations regarding asylum processing. Our asylum intake has dropped significantly with the introduction of juxtaposed controls and carriers liability, getting here is not easy. You need to see that first hand to really understand it.

Those that do have a 1/3 chance of asylum (2017 figures) at first application. Of those successful about 1/3 are children. 14, 700 people in 2017 isn’t a great number on the scheme of things.

Regarding the fishing rights and quotas you should look into how our government has carved this up amongst just a few wealthy owners. 1/3 of our quota is held by 5 families on the Sunday Times rich list, and in England 80% of the quota is held by foreign owners or domestic Rich list families. 2/3 of the U.K. quota is held by 25 businesses, more than half of whom were linked to one of the biggest overfishing scams to reach U.K. courts. The U.K. quota is distrivpbute by the British government.

Andy were going around in circles with this one. They do get a better deal than the indiginous population. They get a roof over their head more than some without. In addition they take up valuable accommodation from Citizens awaiting accommodation themselves, who have been waiting for ages also with families.

I know of one rich borough where many asylum families were given priority over others waiting for a house. One classic was a guy from Iraq with5 kids living in a very expensive 5 bedroom house supplied by the borough. This was in the local press and was not a lone case.I know of the house.

My  friend many moons ago in this very same politically correct borough had a history of indiginous people living in tempory accommodation awaiting a house. He thought that an English couple with kids in need would occupy when he let it to the council. They put a women from Samolia with two kids.

He was also unlucky cause they wrecked the joint. So much for being grateful for the boroughs generosity. 

Its no good talking about our legal international oblgations, the rule is you go to the nearest safe country. You dont go half way across Europe to get to Blighty. You cant have it both ways.

Regarding the fish, yes it needs sorting but if you ever watch the news where commentators go to fishing ports, the ordinary fisherman has a low opinion of the eu and they voted out.

There not happy bunnies.

Ive said it all on other posts in a nutshell immigration needs control, were a small landmass with a huge population and we have to import food to feed ourselves with houses being built on farmland. A crazy crazy world.

Were not going to agree .

Note these days indiginous does not just mean white.

Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 32 of 35
by: tonicurtis1967
on: 30/12/2018 | 23:07
Interesting. Id never thought of that .
Message 33 of 35
by: nefarius
on: 30/12/2018 | 23:26

Asylum seekers get a better deal? But many people say the homeless should get a job. It's a funny old world! 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 34 of 35
Highlighted
by: patchandcrew
on: 31/12/2018 | 00:11

@sweetheart62 wrote:

<snip>

They all have mobile phones,

Doh, well if you know them all personally to be able to state that with such apparent certaintly of irrefutable fact, why don't you just directly ask them the questions you want answering Smiley Wink 

<snip>

PTSD is a terrible condition for which there is no cure, don't argue I live with someone who suffers from it, if our resources were not being wasted on these so called asylum seeker chancers then there would be the money there to help our own.

I haven't personally found it difficult getting help in that regard. Like anything, different areas have different budgets, ie some people can get vital cancer treatments but someone else living a few yards the wrong side of a county line can't get it. Thats down to health funding mismanagement or otherwise, area to area, and always has been regardless of how many people come here from other countries.

We are all suffocated and not allowed to express our views with fear of being called racist.

The sad fact is, many *are* racist. Perhaps 'inhumane' would fit better generally for those who don't want people of other races or countries coming here regardless of the dangers they have exposed themselves to in the attempt ? 

Message 35 of 35