Replies: 109

by: nefarius
on: 11/01/2019 | 10:33

Isn't America's drug problem due to Americans taking drugs? Smiley Very Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 91 of 110
by: rjs75
on: 11/01/2019 | 11:53

Trump is far from a good person. I’m still in disbelief that he’s the president 🤔

https://www.giffgaff.com/spread/advertise/signature_01_310x80
Message 92 of 110
by: majorincident
on: 11/01/2019 | 17:09

UY3zJAu

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 93 of 110
by: gillone
on: 12/01/2019 | 01:08

It’s a nice wall and it’ll give the painters a job 🤣👍

watching Trump ramble comedy , is better than anything on TV 🤣

Message 95 of 110
Highlighted
by: gvmhb
on: 12/01/2019 | 07:34
I think it was always a stupid idea, although I can understand why some Americans may think its needed.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 96 of 110
by: adria19476
on: 12/01/2019 | 15:40
He's a rapist I only just read about this
Message 97 of 110
by: adria19476
on: 12/01/2019 | 15:42
Yh how's he going to tackle that then build a wall all through the sea all around the world lol
Message 98 of 110
by: majorincident
on: 12/01/2019 | 16:21

Trump can see his second term slipping away.  I find it strange that the people baying for funding don't seem to realise that they will be paying for it through taxation. Smiley LOL  Further, that $5bn is only for a short section of the border - some 234 miles.  The US/Mexico border is 1,954 miles long.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 99 of 110
by: 7whales
on: 13/01/2019 | 13:26 edited: 13/01/2019 | 13:44

Good morning, @majorincident.  Yes, the southern border with Mexico is over 1,900 miles long, but not all of that length will need Trump's wall, if it ever gets funded. Many miles along the border already have high walls of one sort or another not all impenitrable possibly, but there and they give the Border Patrol time to round up some of the illegals who got over the wall, funded by earlier administrations (even the Democrats, didja know that?), and in a few other locations the land's topography make it almost impossible for those areas to be used to easily cross the border. Smugglers still try to get illegals across the border using large tractor trailers (lorries), but those are sometimes caught at the border crossings, sometimes too late for some of the crowded occupants in stifling airless trailers to make it alive.

Your map with the $200 rowboats is a joke of course, isn't it? If you've ever seen the high powered boats, subs, planes, that they use to try to get the junk into the U.S., you'd see that those "toys" and equipment most probably cost over $100,000 each and some may be in the millions of dollars.

@andyslc, of course the 5.7 billion could go for other useful purposes, like helping the many homeless get a better life as a start, and more, for infrastructure improvements, better and less expensive healthcare for all, and so much more, with more Border Patrol agents, additional processing centers and more legal border crossing points with addtional staff. But that won't address the more immediate problem of large masses of illegals trying to overrun the borders from many directions. And there may be another, larger, caravan coming. While these caravans are happening during Trump's administration, still isn't it possible that they saw how easy it was becoming for illegals to get over the border in prior years and decided to try it en-mass?

What does the U.S. do now, open the border and let them all come rushing in? Of course the additional wall would take time and more expense, but it might show others planning to make a trek to the U.S. border that the ease of getting over it and into the U.S. illegally had gotten much more difficult.

7whales.

Message 100 of 110