Knowledge Base
Community

What would you do

Started by: tonicurtis1967
On: 17/11/2018 | 08:34
Replies: 21

by: amandaduddy
on: 17/11/2018 | 09:38

Not sure not his one tthere putting the children in danger if there tell there children to give seats up x

Message 11 of 22
by: gvmhb
on: 17/11/2018 | 09:39
Depends on the circumstances.

If I felt it was safe I'd ask my kids to give up their seats for someone who needed it more.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 22
by: majorincident
on: 17/11/2018 | 09:47

@dory85 wrote:

@majorincident or get them to sit on your knee free up a seat

The mother was already standing but yes, take the child onto your knee.

@andyxhill: the whole bottom deck of a bus I was on got into a row I started with a lazy youth that wouldn't give up his seat for an old lady.  There are some things on which you need to take a stand.

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. David Davis, Conservative MP
Message 13 of 22
by: themzbiker
on: 17/11/2018 | 09:53
@tonicurtis67

Made them get up that's what I'd of done even i get up for a OAP
Message 14 of 22
by: sha_shah1
on: 17/11/2018 | 10:01

@tonicurtis1967

i am sure their is must be some young lads too or healthy people  

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 15 of 22
by: deborah123456
on: 17/11/2018 | 10:30

i would make them give up their seats 

Message 16 of 22
by: majorincident
on: 17/11/2018 | 10:39

@sha_shah1 wrote:

i am sure their is must be some young lads too or healthy people  

More than likely.  We seem to be slipping into selfish entitlement.  Public life is becoming ever more unpleasant because are just looking the other way.  The crowd can be ugly, but it can also exert pressure to do the right thing.

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. David Davis, Conservative MP
Message 17 of 22
by: muddycalhoun
on: 17/11/2018 | 10:57
They would already know better and would have offered up the seat, with the younger one sitting on my lap (especially if it were a route were the bus can pick up a bit of speed) the older one could stand or they both could have my seat and I stand. If my children refused to give up their seat to an elderly person in need of it or a disabled person they would have a lesson in respect to stand them in better stead for the rest of their lives
Message 18 of 22
by: claire1uk
on: 17/11/2018 | 13:26

As long as the children were not disabled and needing the seat as much as the oap, I would expect out of kindness that they at least ask the oap, if they refuse, at least the mum had asked. 

I was bought up at a time when it would go without saying, that if an OAP or a person who was in need of the bus seat would automatically be offered it, no debate, it was part of the respect and manners that is sadly lacking in society these days. 

Respect your elders was another.

But saying that, I've seen my elders not earn the respect I was brought up to show them. 🤔

Message 19 of 22
Highlighted
by: frenchielove
on: 17/11/2018 | 13:31

She sais she was worried because the child had fallen and banged its head, children at that age are not particularly steady on a moving bus. Why couldn’t one of the other passengers stood and offered her a seat? 

Message 20 of 22