Community

Who here wants a hard brexit?

Started by: thelondoner
On: 19/01/2019 | 15:49
Replies: 69

by: andyslc
on: 20/01/2019 | 19:32

@thelondoner wrote:

If no one comes out as being for hard brexit I might have to seriously consider voting for the new Brexit Party, despite my loathing for Nigel Farage. 

My problem with that is this;  let’s just say it happens and his party wins and forms a government. Have you read the 2010 UKIP manifesto and policy docs when he was in charge? It even included stupid things like the colour of trains along with policies that made the Conservatives look generous. The 2015 manifesto wasn’t much better and a quick glance just showed it veered between the completely unrealistic to the totally rabid with a few good ideas chucked in there (even a broken clock is right twice a day).

Hes started this party purely for Brexit. Let’s say he delivers. Then what? He’s got nothing else, not sensible anyway. Trouble is I can see a lot of people voting for him if we don’t leave, which perhaps is really what scares our existing politicians. 

I still believe that we are better off in than out rom a point of view of our economy. Much of the anger vented towards the EU is vented in the wrong direction - for starters there were votes held on many things in the EU parliament that we could have vetoed but didn’t, or that we actively fought for. Fishing is another example when you look closely. The real problem is how our quotas are carved up by our government to favour a few very wealthy people both in the U.K. and abroad.

Despite all of that I am now firmly in the cap that we should just leave with no deal and see what happens. It ll either work or it will a complete eff up and the next election will be fought on re entering. Either way I think it’s the only way we can sort out the division amongst the electorate. At the moment we are giving in to the oldest trick in the book, divide and conquer, and it’s not the EU doing the dividing. It’s o7r own politicians stoking the division they claim they don’t want. 

As always though, be careful what you wish for. Smiley Wink

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 41 of 70
by: evr301265
on: 20/01/2019 | 19:54
I do not think it has ever been the case that EU membership has been completely detrimental to this country,
There has been reasons why membership has been beneficial to this country and the people within.

But I voted "no"

I could not vote for a system in place with so little transparency, so little accountability, so little regard for those it is there to represent,
I voted to leave...

What this government has done, is to go into negotiations which enabled the rest of the EU to have the say in how it was to be negotiated, the direction of negotiations..

What should have happend,

The vote was to " Leave"
So we should have done, full exit, hard Northern Ireland border, no financial, no agriculture, no fisheries, no security,

Nothing...

What would have been left was a EU vwho would have to come up with the negotiating platform, th UK had a trading definite with the EU more EU goods & services entering the UK than leaving the UK
Germany, France, Italy, the main EU nations benefiting from UK membership,
The responsibility for the trade with the UK would have been theirs, and the same responsibility to keep that trade would have been theirs, for more than a number of their main industries, and those main industries would have had an effect on national governments to have a deal in place to benefit them, and in doing so, the UK.

But that is not possible because of the total inadequacy of this government and their self inflicted stupidity in their dealings with this situation, of be caused by the infighting within the ruling party, this situation exists because of the in house fighting within th conservative party...
Message 42 of 70
by: nefarius
on: 20/01/2019 | 19:58

The vote was to " Leave"
So we should have done, full exit, hard Northern Ireland border, no financial, no agriculture, no fisheries, no security,

How do you know that the above didn't happen? Brexit hasn't occurred yet @evr301265

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 43 of 70
Highlighted
by: k89bpa
on: 20/01/2019 | 20:25

@evr301265 wrote:

I could not vote for a system in place with so little transparency, so little accountability, so little regard for those it is there to represent...

Utter, utter tripe!

Just yet more posturing and soundbites regurgitated which has zero credibility back here in the real world.

No transparency? They publish almost everything online, and they do so very quickly, from meetings, to committees, to budgets, to votes, it's all available if you can be bothered to go look for it, and in multiple languages in many cases. 

No accountability? Ah, so those people appointed by OUR government and OUR electorate in the only truly representative elections we have access to aren't held accountable? Nor are those from other countries? And whilst we are here, held accountable for what exactly? 

No regard for those they represent? How do you know this if as you claim there is little to no transparency? In any event, if that's how you feel, then vote differently because the people you are talking about are voted for by the electorate and put in place by us and our elected politicians. 

I swear to god I'm living in some kind of parallel universe when reading comments and conversing about this situation, or everyone else is, because people are so utterly **bleep**ing clueless. 

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 80GB

Message 44 of 70
on: 20/01/2019 | 20:32 edited: 20/01/2019 | 20:39

@gvmhb wrote:

I can clearly see the damage that the EU has done and continues to do to this country.

How? What damage?

Stop speaking in soundbites and actually spell out how it is the UK's membership of the European Union and not successive UK governments, (or yourself), which is responsible for your woes. 

@gvmhb wrote:

I've worked hard for 45 years for very little, and I'm hardly better off than I was at 20. 

And how is that anybody's responsibility except for your own, (and/or, at a considerable stretch, successive UK governments)?

Message 45 of 70
by: thelondoner
on: 20/01/2019 | 21:05
@andyslc well after he gives us no deal brexit he will throw in the towel and call an election and we’ll hopefully get Corbyn!

I just want a hard brexit! I hate the EU with every essence of my being. Such a useless bigoted bully of an organisation with fatcat MEPs getting paid by us for doing diddly squat! 😐
Message 46 of 70
by: nefarius
on: 20/01/2019 | 21:10 edited: 20/01/2019 | 21:11

It's the 900 watt vacuum cleaners and pointless environmental policies that did it for me. Nonsense!

Rock hard all the way 👍

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 47 of 70
on: 20/01/2019 | 21:19

@thelondoner wrote:

Such a useless bigoted bully of an organisation with fatcat MEPs getting paid by us for doing diddly squat! 😐

Erm... do you have evidence to back up your slanderous claims?

Message 48 of 70
by: thelondoner
on: 20/01/2019 | 21:50
@k89bpa i don’t give proper answers to trolls. Troll elsewhere please.
Message 49 of 70
on: 20/01/2019 | 21:53 edited: 20/01/2019 | 22:00

@thelondoner wrote:

@k89bpa i don’t give proper answers to trolls. Troll elsewhere please.

That'll be a no then. :-D 

Also...

troll(2)
▸ noun
1 a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post
▪ a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.
▸ verb [no object]
1 make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them

Seems you're in the habit of making claims about people with zero evidence to back them up. 

Message 50 of 70