Knowledge Base
Community

Who here wants a hard brexit?

Started by: thelondoner
On: 19/01/2019 | 15:49
Replies: 69

by: eileenusher
on: 21/01/2019 | 10:36
@andysic it's clear to me the EU are not the cause of the majority of this countries problems, its our own inadequate politicians and so called democratic process and the not so elected none majority government that are the majority of the problems along with the people in it who are blind to it, don't need to leave too see all that, just need to open eyes, watch news grab the popcorn for the kiddies playground for the house commons too see where the problems are.
Message 61 of 70
by: jms0
on: 21/01/2019 | 10:37

@andyslc wrote:

We are leaving and we need to leave without a deal imo. If only so that we can straighten out our own politics without the more of Brexit/no Brexit hanging over us. I think we all need to stop and really look at where problems originate from for that to happen. Once we Leave it will very quickly become clear that, while it may not be the answer, the EU is not the cause of many of our problems.

Those advocating a disorderly brexit need to take responsibility for any economic damage they cause and any further austerity they make necessary.

Whilst it might be satisfying to punish the British people for their ignorance and their susceptibility to fake news and conspiracy theory, or even see it as an opportunity to educate them, the human cost could be very high indeed. 

You're the boss so check out Giffgaff's financial statements
Message 62 of 70
by: sarahaxon
on: 21/01/2019 | 11:08
@andyslc
While I understand your reasoning, there is zero evidence to indicate that the government (or those who demanded no deal) would take responsibility for the ensuing economic damage caused. The narrative is being constructed already:
'nasty bullying EU who won't give us a good deal. It's all their fault.'
Yes of course we should stop and ask where our problems originate from, but we should have done that in the summer of 2016. That was the opportunity to say 'ok, so a majority wants to leave the EU, but it was pretty close. Let's have a proper conversation about what sort of country we all want to be in future, and how our relationship with the EU fits into that.
Message 63 of 70
by: andyslc
on: 21/01/2019 | 14:11

@sarahaxon I look at all the anger and hatred directed everywhere by all sides and have come to the opinion it’s not worth it. If it all goes Pete Tong those politicians that touted hard Brexit won’t need to take responsibility. The public will do it for them in 2022. If it starts looking good then I ll happily eat humble pie, 

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 64 of 70
by: sarahaxon
on: 21/01/2019 | 14:32
@andyslc
If only I could believe that was the case. We have had 40 + years of politicians blaming the EU for things that are Westminster decisions. I'm pretty sure that whatever happens nothing will stop them blaming the EU for another 40 years.

I know what you are saying about the anger and hatred - but I think that it Brexit fatigue talking. God knows I am fed up with the subject. I don't know which is worse: - the boring technicalities or the unsavory elements of Englishness that it brings out - xenophobia, exceptionalism, a refusal to engage with a wider point of view and the insidious myth of England 'standing alone'.

However, we need to stick with it. We have an absolute failure of political leadership at the moment, so we the public need to maintain whatever pressure we can to say that 'no deal' is not an option.
Message 65 of 70
by: catweazle1961
on: 21/01/2019 | 14:40

I want a full english brexfast, with extra sausage and black pudding, tea and toast .. mmm... yummy 😋 

What sayest thou?
Message 66 of 70
by: andyslc
on: 21/01/2019 | 17:38

Fried bread with that @catweazle1961? Go on. You know it makes sense. 

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 67 of 70
by: shazzzy
on: 21/01/2019 | 21:16
hard brexit or soft brexit, lets just leave
Message 68 of 70
by: richfc
on: 21/01/2019 | 22:30

agree with you thelondoner and im sick hearing about it

Message 69 of 70
Highlighted
by: k89bpa
on: 21/01/2019 | 22:46

@sarahaxon wrote:

@andyslc
If only I could believe that was the case. We have had 40 + years of politicians blaming the EU for things that are Westminster decisions. I'm pretty sure that whatever happens nothing will stop them blaming the EU for another 40 years.

I know what you are saying about the anger and hatred - but I think that it Brexit fatigue talking. God knows I am fed up with the subject. I don't know which is worse: - the boring technicalities or the unsavory elements of Englishness that it brings out - xenophobia, exceptionalism, a refusal to engage with a wider point of view and the insidious myth of England 'standing alone'.

However, we need to stick with it. We have an absolute failure of political leadership at the moment, so we the public need to maintain whatever pressure we can to say that 'no deal' is not an option.

I disagree.

At this point I think what is needed is a one party state and a dictator installed with strict media controls to stop the rampant spread of propaganda. 

The dictator then needs to totally reform the education system so that 20-40yrs from now, we can return to open and free elections, (still a single party state - party politics should be permanently banned from these shores), with an intelligent, literate and informed electorate, (proven by testing), and we can keep the media devoid of all the bull**bleep** propaganda. 

And the penalities for anyone attempting to set up a political party or spread propaganda of any kind, (positive or negative), 10yrs first offence, 25yrs second offence, 50yrs third offence, no parole, solitary confinement, no contact at all with the outside world. 

Once we have reached the stage where we are beginning to transition back to a place where we are educated, mature and responsible enough to have open and free elections, they must be fully representative AND we must draft a written constitution and teach that constitution in schools from the beginning of primary school onwards.

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
For the meaning behind the codes in my posts search the code GGK-0228-2309
Message 70 of 70