Community

Who is thinking of leaving GG?

Started by: word
On: 09/12/2018 | 19:15
Replies: 35

by: nerakb
on: 09/12/2018 | 19:40

@word

I've been with giffgaff for nearly 7 years. 

In that time,I can only remember one other incident where the network went down. 

I'm going to remain a giffgaffer as my whole family (5 of us in total) are giffgaffers and the free gg to gg calls and texts are fantastic. 

Please remember to mark a post "Best Answer" which appropriately answers your question/query.Please remember to also award kudos to posts you've found helpful/useful.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 11 of 36
Highlighted
by: twoleftfeet
on: 09/12/2018 | 19:40
No I am happy here.

Not even applying for the compensation, why would I when I haven't had to pay to run my phone in years
Order a SIM from Me

http://thereadersroom.org/
Message 12 of 36
by: ashleybristoluk
on: 09/12/2018 | 19:41

i not leaving the network.stop put blame on GG for issue on Friday,everything is down some point 

Message 13 of 36
by: bobsta
on: 09/12/2018 | 19:42

Good luck to you. Any network suffers from technical issues leaving customers without a service.

Message 14 of 36
by: pault1974
on: 09/12/2018 | 19:46 edited: 09/12/2018 | 21:13

The thought of leaving has never crossed my mind.

Do you know how many emails with personal links have to be generated and sent out? Far too many to have them all generated and sent out in the time that has elapsed since the announcement of "compensatation" and today.

There's far too many people on this forum that heard the word "compensation" and immediately saw £££ signs flashing before their eyes when in reality it will be pennies, if anything at all, that they receive. 

**post edited by an educator**

Message 15 of 36
by: dez_d
community giff-staffer

on: 09/12/2018 | 19:47

Hi there @word

Whilst I can understand frustration in not receiving an email I can assure you that them will be going out.

We do have an extremely large memberbase and it would be extremely difficult to send it to 1 million+ members in one go.

All I can suggest for you at this time is keep checking back on Ash's thread here

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/December-6th-s-outage-what-we-re-doing-to-say-sorry/...

Best regards

Dez

giffgaff Educator | WFH Team
“Click“Click“Service
Message 16 of 36
by: majorincident
on: 09/12/2018 | 19:59

No.  The payback I receive during the year far exceeds any compensation I might receive.  The meltdown didn't affect me as:

1) I rely mostly on my home wi-fi network;

2) I message and call via WhatsApp; and

3) I have a second sim on a network that does not rely on O2 to host its services.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 17 of 36
by: liverlee
on: 09/12/2018 | 19:59 edited: 09/12/2018 | 20:02

Wow there are some GiffGaff fanboys on here gushing over the company and trying to bury any negativity. It is embarrassing.

It’s NOT stupid or immature to not be happy. Stop trying to close down the fact that many people were NOT happy to have no phone because someone who gets paid way more than anyone one here messed up!

GiffGaff is owned by O2 (Telefonica) and is not a charity. I’ve been a customer for over 5 years now, but it this happens again and I lose my phone again and can’t speak to the people I love then I’m gone. And this community needs to stop defending a billion pound company and stop trying to hide complaints. It’s creepy.

Message 18 of 36
by: majorincident
on: 09/12/2018 | 20:14

This is the modern world and stuff happens.  Anyone who is not prepared is living in a dream world.  Giffgaff is not keeping anyone here and they are free to leave if it no longer suits them to stay.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 19 of 36
by: amandaduddy
on: 09/12/2018 | 20:19

No I’m staying with giffgaff got off a sim only deal when my sister was in EE shop the other day for better then I’m getting with giffgaff but still tiny it down x

Message 20 of 36