Knowledge Base
Community

Your wishes

Started by: darreng67
On: 12/01/2019 | 06:47
Replies: 24

by: darreng67
on: 12/01/2019 | 06:47

Would you accept an organ donation? Would you donate if you had the misfortune of dying?

Please share your wishes with family and friends, you could save somebody's life. Some good could come from a terrible situation.

Please just reflect on your thoughts then share your thoughts

Message 1 of 25
by: gvmhb
on: 12/01/2019 | 07:23
I'm not comfortable with the whole idea of organ transplants.
I don't know how I'd feel if told it was the only way to save my life.

I think I'd prefer to donate organs than receive them, after I'm dead I'd know nothing about it anyway.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 25
by: mahooli
on: 12/01/2019 | 07:43

They can take whatever they want from me when I'm dead. I wouldn't accept an organ for myself though.

Message 3 of 25
by: nefarius
on: 12/01/2019 | 08:13

I am a donor. 

I wouldn't accept one though as I'd rather die first? 🤔

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 25
by: tonicurtis1967
on: 12/01/2019 | 08:17
Id recieve n give it doesnt bother me
Message 5 of 25
by: standardbearer
on: 12/01/2019 | 08:50
Some people have been in comas
For ages on life machines with the pressure to have them switched off.
Only to find in some instances the sleeper wakes up.
Likewise people that were meant to be dead were not.
So how fool proof is the system that makes sure your dead before removing parts.
And will there be emotional pressures to.proceed
So if you want my parts please make sure im dead !
Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 6 of 25
by: vickyjakesmum
on: 12/01/2019 | 09:04

I've told my family and filled in a card. When I'm dead and gone, any bit of me can be donated, it bothers me not, I will need non of it.

The hard part is your family giving it I think. 

https://www.giffgaff.com/spread/advertise/signature_02_550x80
Message 7 of 25
Highlighted
by: bigdaddy0714
on: 12/01/2019 | 09:34
I’m going out the way I came in with all my own bits and bobs I know it sounds selfish but I’m totally not comfortable with my bits going anywhere. Nor do I want anyone’s my family all know.
Message 8 of 25
by: k89bpa
on: 12/01/2019 | 10:58
No to both.

I am fundamentally against any medical intervention which artificially extends the natural lifespan of human beings. Organ replacement is definitely out for this reason.

Blood I go back and forth on. I'm not a donor myself, but I have donated in an emergency situation before. I haven't ever received blood and honestly, I wouldn't want to, but I go back and forth on whether it's something I would personally ever consent to.

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 80GB

Message 9 of 25
by: gizzblue
on: 12/01/2019 | 11:25

I'm an organ donor and a form believer in this service to provide a long life to the unlucky few .

As for those who don't want their organs used for others ...please don't be selfish... does it really matter when your dead ,what if your family needed an organ to sustain life , you would want them to have every chance of survival no?.

My five year old niece has a new lease on life thanks to some kind person .

Her and countless others have a second chance thanks to the kind wishes of the deceased .

Message 10 of 25