Knowledge Base
Community

doctors appointments

Started by: busman1
On: 12/01/2019 | 11:16
Replies: 40

by: tonicurtis1967
on: 12/01/2019 | 18:05
Go to a&e if u are worried too much . Our 111 recommends a walk in service 14 mile away . But my doc i ring 7am to get app .i rang 66 times b4 i got thro the other day and then they only fitted me in for the nurse
Message 21 of 41
by: standardbearer
on: 12/01/2019 | 18:08
@busman1
Bus agree you should get it sorted right away. Use A and E as a back up for direct action, if no joy elsewhere.
@jsmith2009
Yes booking online is not fool proof if you need to see a doctor the same day.
Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 22 of 41
by: eileenusher
on: 12/01/2019 | 18:37
My doctors you can't an appointment for weeks, even if your really ill, my doctors is being investigated, because of how they treated me, they misdiagnosed with colitis and was put on medication for 10 years, then last year I phoned for an appointment for a bad back, they got duty doc to phone me his answer phone for an appointment at the physiotherapy unit, I did got saw next day, saw by a young girl told pulled a muscle in lower back, got so bad couldn't walk, lost appetite lost 3 stone in total, in between this kept going back to my docs who never examined my back even tho I told them it was all swollen, kept signing me off, finally went back to physio unit, girl I saw the head of dept too see who took one look and said I had an abcess in my back, he immediately emailed my docs basically telling them how disgusted he was as this had gone on for 3 weeks I'd being passed pillar to post never saw same doc more than once, and not one of them had examined my back even tho it was obvious I was in immense pain could hardly walk, and said I needed blood tests ASAP, they responded immediately and saw me, did blood tests 3 hours later the same duty doc who had fobbed me off 3 weeks earlier phoned saying I needed to go Blackburn hospital immediately but would have to wait 3 hours for an ambulance, ambulance took 5 hours they did tests abcess was on my spine had infected my bllod stream I had blood poisoning and Mt minerals and vitamins were so low it was a wonder I weren't dead I should of being, they had me on 6 drips of various vitamins and minerals a feeding tube, did ct scans etc, cameras etc it emerged the colitis was crohns I should never of being put on the medication I was and that what had caused all this, I'd being back several times over the years as kept having so called colitis attacks so they just upped meds or lowered them no more tests, when my consultant found all this out he reported my doctors and investigation into them was started, the doctor who was on call has being suspended, I nearly died just because my GPS would not give me an appointment then fobbed me off too somewhere else, then when did give me appointments passed me pillar to post and failed to diagnose me correctly or treat me, I spent 8 weeks in hospital nearly died, and had to have a life saving colostomy because they misdiagnosed and treated me incorrectly despite me going back and back and back over the years, if they had listened to me in the first place as I told them it could be crohns as it runs in the family a simple pill for crohns would of saved me going through all this, the investigation is on going, but it's looks like the doctor who was on call who fobbed me off and is suspended may loose his license, and the others will face disciplinary.
Needless to say I moved practises, because of my history and medical issues my new Dr's give me appointments within a day usually the same day, so in simple you have to nearly die before appointments given in my area, then they'll pay attention and start giving you appointments after that.
Message 23 of 41
by: busman1
on: 12/01/2019 | 23:31

@eileenusher wrote:

My doctors you can't an appointment for weeks, even if your really ill, my doctors is being investigated, because of how they treated me, they misdiagnosed with colitis and was put on medication for 10 years, then last year I phoned for an appointment for a bad back, they got duty doc to phone me his answer phone for an appointment at the physiotherapy unit, I did got saw next day, saw by a young girl told pulled a muscle in lower back, got so bad couldn't walk, lost appetite lost 3 stone in total, in between this kept going back to my docs who never examined my back even tho I told them it was all swollen, kept signing me off, finally went back to physio unit, girl I saw the head of dept too see who took one look and said I had an abcess in my back, he immediately emailed my docs basically telling them how disgusted he was as this had gone on for 3 weeks I'd being passed pillar to post never saw same doc more than once, and not one of them had examined my back even tho it was obvious I was in immense pain could hardly walk, and said I needed blood tests ASAP, they responded immediately and saw me, did blood tests 3 hours later the same duty doc who had fobbed me off 3 weeks earlier phoned saying I needed to go Blackburn hospital immediately but would have to wait 3 hours for an ambulance, ambulance took 5 hours they did tests abcess was on my spine had infected my bllod stream I had blood poisoning and Mt minerals and vitamins were so low it was a wonder I weren't dead I should of being, they had me on 6 drips of various vitamins and minerals a feeding tube, did ct scans etc, cameras etc it emerged the colitis was crohns I should never of being put on the medication I was and that what had caused all this, I'd being back several times over the years as kept having so called colitis attacks so they just upped meds or lowered them no more tests, when my consultant found all this out he reported my doctors and investigation into them was started, the doctor who was on call has being suspended, I nearly died just because my GPS would not give me an appointment then fobbed me off too somewhere else, then when did give me appointments passed me pillar to post and failed to diagnose me correctly or treat me, I spent 8 weeks in hospital nearly died, and had to have a life saving colostomy because they misdiagnosed and treated me incorrectly despite me going back and back and back over the years, if they had listened to me in the first place as I told them it could be crohns as it runs in the family a simple pill for crohns would of saved me going through all this, the investigation is on going, but it's looks like the doctor who was on call who fobbed me off and is suspended may loose his license, and the others will face disciplinary.
Needless to say I moved practises, because of my history and medical issues my new Dr's give me appointments within a day usually the same day, so in simple you have to nearly die before appointments given in my area, then they'll pay attention and start giving you appointments after that.

@eileenusher

wow you been in wars 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 24 of 41
Highlighted
by: pinks29
on: 13/01/2019 | 00:04

Know surgeries get busy, I'm one of the lucky ones, my surgery is open for emergencies everyday sometimes mornings, sometimes late afternoon, if you cannot wait for an appointment you can go see a doctor anyday Monday to. Friday. 

Message 25 of 41
on: 13/01/2019 | 05:52 edited: 13/01/2019 | 10:08

@eileenusher
So sorry to hear that. What a terrible story and end to it.
When I was in hospital got chatting as you do and one guy had been on very strong pain killers for his back for ages .Like you he said something was wrong over a long period of time.
Eventually they found his lower back had the big C.
When I left his treatment was easing his pain.
The hospital itself was 100% in care and treatment.

Message 26 of 41
by: eileenusher
on: 13/01/2019 | 07:09
@standardbearer The hospital ie ward I was on the staff were all fantastic, my consultant who was also my surgeon was brilliant, he is a lovely man also not your usual cocky I think I'm god type either like a lot of consultants are. The hospital I could not fault at all, apart from the food which was terrible. Lol. (most are)
Message 27 of 41
on: 13/01/2019 | 09:51 edited: 13/01/2019 | 09:53

@eileenusher
Did not feel right to kudos that story of post 23.
But ok for this post 27.
When I was in hospitsl I found the anesthetic turned me off eating. I only nibbled but a few chocolate bars went down as a back up.
Have a good day today.
Look forward to seeing your views even if I dont agree.

Message 28 of 41
by: 123kingarthur
on: 13/01/2019 | 10:04
@standardbearer My dear dear friend thank you so much
Message 29 of 41
by: dory85
on: 13/01/2019 | 10:12

Hard to get appointments where I am too I hope you get sorted soon ring them Monday morning demand you need a sooner one 

Message 30 of 41