Knowledge Base
Community

doctors appointments

Started by: busman1
On: 12/01/2019 | 11:16
Replies: 40

by: busman1
on: 12/01/2019 | 11:16

how easy can you get one? i’ve pains in testicle so thought best to see doc, called 111, said see doc within 24 hours, 4 feb i get 👎😰 might be dead by then 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 41
by: natty_noo
on: 12/01/2019 | 12:02
I think most surgeries are a nightmare these days. Too many patients and not enough appointments to go round. It generally takes a couple of weeks to get an advanced appointment.

If you're in a lot of discomfort, and your surgery does emergency appointments, then call first thing Monday morning and tell them that you can't wait until February and need to see a doctor asap.
Message 2 of 41
by: standardbearer
on: 12/01/2019 | 12:07
Don't reckon 111 . They could have got a 24 hr doctor to call you. This was done with me once where I described my condition, next an Ambulance arrived within the hour .I just managed to shower in time. But that was an appendix.Pretty hard to talk on the phone when it really hurts.
Equally so another crisis and an appointment was made by them for me to visit the injury unit, a poor substitute for a lost A and E.
But there is two positives in their defence.
Once they told me to let them know when the pain got worse, I went nuts and said I was off to the nearest A and E. Within 3minutes a different staff member rang me back
Appologised and dealt with it.
Getting an urgent appointment with the doctors these days often means phoning every day at 8am.
How did it get to this.
Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 3 of 41
by: alecalexandrou
on: 12/01/2019 | 13:08
Most Doctor's surgeries will offer same day appointments, but you need to either call them first thing in the morning - and they may not answer the phones, or go to the surgery and join the people that have queued up since dawn for the surgery to open, so that they can request a same day appointment,

Personally I have chosen a GP that looks to the future.
If I want to be seen the same day, I go online, login to my surgery and after midnight I can book myself any number of appointments for that day.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 41
by: frenchielove
on: 12/01/2019 | 13:43

Do you not have a walk in service anywhere near you? @busman1 If the pain is bad enough for you to call 111 I would just go and sit there until I was seen

Message 5 of 41
by: claire1uk
on: 12/01/2019 | 14:12
I agree with @frenchielove. Don't mess about with phone calls, take decisive action.
Message 6 of 41
by: bazthebear2
on: 12/01/2019 | 14:15
I would go to A@E if it gets worst.

Our doctors have a triage system, you ring up, and if the think you need to see the doctor, the you see them if not is nurse, or the pharmacist.
Baz The Bear
Supporting Wildlife Worldwide
Message 7 of 41
by: 123kingarthur
on: 12/01/2019 | 14:17
@busman1 Oh dear ask receptionist at surgery if you can go on the sit and wait emergency apointments
Message 8 of 41
on: 12/01/2019 | 14:20
@claire1uk I collapsed onto floor and my daughters rang for an ambulance and they came immediately
or I would not be around
Message 9 of 41
on: 12/01/2019 | 14:23
@frenchielove you are so right I just collapsed and was unable to speak or walk and my daughters just rang 999 for an ambulance
Message 10 of 41