Knowledge Base
Community

giffgaff Visited My House?! and a GAFFTA!

Started by: bethanaaay
On: 25/11/2014 | 19:56
Replies: 108

by: bethanaaay
on: 25/11/2014 | 19:56

To say I had an odd day yesterday is a bit of an understatement Smiley Very Happy

Yesterday morning, I received an ambiguous PM from @hazel22 asking if I would be at home between 12.30 and 1.30pm. Smiley Indifferent Assuming I was just waiting for a parcel to arrive with a giffgaff USB or a Rubiks cube, I told her I would be in, and she said that's great, a surprise would be coming for me.

Just before 1.30, there was a knock at the door. My mum opened it to find @amy_b_d in front of her, asking for me? Smiley Very Happy I came downstairs, and on my doorstep were a bunch of giffgaff people, including... 2 PEOPLE DRESSED AS PENGUINS!!! Smiley Surprised 

The penguins were very excited to see me - one called 'Beth' and one called 'anaaay', both looking for bethanaaay! Smiley Very Happy They were absolutely hilarious, and I was just speechless. They gave me my favourite chocolate bars (a Double Decker, a Boost, and 2 Peanut Butter KitKat Chunkys - which I'd mentioned in a thread yonks ago), did a sketch about me, and then they said "Bethanaaay, we would like to invite you to the giffgaff GAFFTAs awards ceremony!" Smiley Surprised I still hadn't recovered my ability to speak, so once I'd mustered together an 'Okay then!', it dissolved further into madness Smiley Very Happy

One of the penguins whipped out a massive disco ball, and I was walked down my little path onto the pavement, where I danced with the penguins... a penguin dance, of course Smiley Wink At which point, I was awarded a GAFFTA for being a "Unite-er"!!      

Penguin     Penguin2

Honestly, it was the most bizarre 10 minutes of my life. Smiley Tongue But I flipping loved it, and I honestly cannot thank everyone enough - the people who nominated me, the judges, the staff, everyone who organised it, the people who came... everyone. I'm honestly so flattered (I barely stopped weeping yesterday afternoon) that even 1 person would think I deserve it. It was such an amazing experience, really personal, and I loved it Smiley Happy I'll never forget it.

Thank you giffgaff Heart

And here's my GAFFTA in all its glory:

GAFFTA

(P.S. @gordie10 Secret's out now, you don't have to pretend you don't know anymore Smiley Wink)

Message 1 of 109
by: carissa89
on: 25/11/2014 | 19:59
That is awesome well done Smiley Happy x
Message 2 of 109
by: danshevik
on: 25/11/2014 | 19:59

Nice

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane.
Message 3 of 109
by: pamfletch
on: 25/11/2014 | 20:01
Wow, hun that was a nice surprise, well done on your Gaffta, surely well deservedSmiley Wink
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Internet &MMS settings | Ask an Agent | If you need a SIM sent 1st class PM Me
Message 4 of 109
by: blastie11
on: 25/11/2014 | 20:02
Cool, nice wee description of your surprise....well done 👍
Message 5 of 109
by: damaclass
on: 25/11/2014 | 20:03

Congrats thast awesome definitely a day to remember-well done!! Smiley Happy

In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take, relationships we were afraid to have,
& the decisions we waited too long to make.

Kiss slowly, Play hard, forgive quickly, Take chances, Give everything & have NO regrets Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 109
by: nerakb
on: 25/11/2014 | 20:04

You desreve the recognition @bethanaaay 

Well done Smiley HappySmiley Wink

Please remember to mark a post "Best Answer" which appropriately answers your question/query.Please remember to also award kudos to posts you've found helpful/useful.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 7 of 109
by: formulaone
on: 25/11/2014 | 20:04
Wow!! Well done!! And congratulations to you!! Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 109
by: x22
on: 25/11/2014 | 20:08
That is just awesome Pingu. I'm jealous now 😄
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Hey... Click my banner Smiley Wink