Knowledge Base
Community

giffgaff holiday festivities run by you

Started by: aggy_agate
On: 10/12/2018 | 15:36
Replies: 34

by: b_richards
on: 11/12/2018 | 10:49
I saw your post @mentioning me before it was edited @aggy_agate. I'd like a right to reply to the original version if that's ok?

I'm not interested in any presents for myself personally, i was just agreeing that the host of the thread in question deserved recognition for the thread she's been running. Someone else agreed as well, but you didn't @mention them.

As a man going through treatment for cancer, the only present i want is a clean bill of health, now i doubt very much that giffgaff can give that to me.

So let me assure you that i'm not after any presents, i've got much important things to wish for, presents really don't come into the equation for me.
Message 11 of 35
by: frenchielove
on: 11/12/2018 | 11:00

@b_richards @aggy_agate I also agreed that the thread already running was extremely deserving of the prize, as indeed is the good revjonty thread too, that doesn’t mean others won’t come up with ideas too though. Although it does seem to be happening a little late? Maybe I am wrong. 

So sorry to hear about your health problems @b_richards of course presents would mean nothing to you, I wish you well and how lovely that you still found the time to go through the thread and respond 🤗

Message 12 of 35
on: 11/12/2018 | 11:08
Thank you for speaking up @frenchielove, i appreciate that. And thank you for your good wishes, i'm actually at the end of my treatment and things are looking good for me. Plus i've asked my gf to marry me, so i'd better stay around to see it through or she'll kill me off herself Smiley Wink (I'm allowed to say stuff like that, it's in the cancer rule book Smiley Wink)
Message 13 of 35
Highlighted
by: aggy_agate
community giff-staffer

on: 11/12/2018 | 11:35

Hi there @b_richards, I am sorry to hear about your health issues and wish you a quick recovery, and hopefully, the new year will arrive with good news for you. 

As I already explained to @natty_noo in a PM this wasn't directed at either of you, it wouldn't make sense because as you have said, you didn't ask for anything you just pointed out who deserves a hamper. By saying 'you' what I really meant is 'one', to express that people shouldn't take part only for material purposes.  I am not a native speaker so that might have caused a misunderstanding. I didn't want to close this opportunity to take part for everyone else because there already is a great thread out there. Yes, I agree that that thread deserves a recognition because it's brilliant but I don't want to just stop there. Let's recognise our peers but also encourage other to take part,  because what really matters is that people who don't get to see each other in person can get together and do something fun. Smiley Happy 

Message 14 of 35
on: 11/12/2018 | 11:43
Thanks for the explanation @aggy_agate , and the good wishes regarding my health.

I understand now, and that does make sense. But if giffgaff can grant a good bill of health then i'll be first in the queue and i'll make no excuses for it either Smiley Wink

And you've got excellent written word seeing as English isn't your first language Smiley Happy I'd never have know if you hadn't said.
Message 15 of 35
by: natty_noo
on: 11/12/2018 | 12:27
@jesi23

I'm not saying others don't, or shouldn't, have a chance, obviously they do and should.

All i meant was that @kath72 deserves something for having the foresight to make such a fantastic thread to engage the whole community in plenty of time for Christmas, so anyone reading the thread would have lots of ideas to put in place for their own Christmas.
Message 16 of 35
by: magspider
on: 11/12/2018 | 17:34

Oh goodie. Another initiative where one of the favoured giffgaff inner circle get a prize for a pre-mandated 'competition' outcome. 

@aggy_agate wrote:

@b_richards  @natty_noo

I will take your thoughts into consideration, thank you for sharing, it is a really nice thread I agree. But please let's not write off everyone else's ideas 2 weeks before Christmas. In that case, we could stop celebrations now and leave it where it is. Why do that? I think everyone should have an opportunity. And please remember it's not all about who gets a hamper, I think the bottom line is, we want to celebrate Christmas with our friends, and because on the forum we don't get to see each other, it's nice to communicate in other ways. If one is after the presents perhaps this is not the activity for them

Well this message is a whole bag of passive-aggressive for the masses. Given that the forum's maintainers go to great lengths to ensure this place is dominated by grasping, forever-payback-hungry lickspittles, the sudden call for integrity seems out-of-character.

[ No spiders were harmed in the making of this post ]

Join giffgaff, get £5 free bonus credit
Message 17 of 35
by: kath72
on: 11/12/2018 | 17:56
Thanks for the @mention @natty_noo

Firstly can I say thank you to those who have enjoyed my thread. I didn’t make it to win a hamper (there wasn’t one on offer back in October) my motivation was that I like making things and I enjoy the pleasure they bring to others. I don’t use Pinterest or other sites like that, so I thought I’d share them here. I also felt the forum needed to shift its focus from the Halloween disaster and thought a Christmas thread might help!

I have very much enjoyed seeing others enjoy my creations so thank you for the pleasure you have brought me Smiley Happy

The thread is far from finished because Christmas is still 2 weeks away, so I hope you will keep enjoying and maybe be inspired to make or bake something yourself Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 35
by: amandaduddy
on: 12/12/2018 | 08:43

This sound good and would love to get involved in it x

Message 19 of 35