giffgaffs compensation offer.

Started by: allan1954
On: 07/12/2018 | 13:56
Replies: 19

Highlighted
by: techiebloke
on: 07/12/2018 | 21:17

@kenralph

Had it been just data I'd probably agree but although I experienced the 'text cannot be sent' issue (where they were actually being sent but the phone wasn't receiving the correct acknowedgement from the SMS server) along with receiving the same text six times the call I attempted to make went through no problem so it wasn't a major inconvenience.

Of more concern is apparently some people were unable to make or receive calls which could have been worrying for some or extremely dangerous (I'm talking about parents trying to contact their children or vice versa), pensioners or the disabled (provided a SIM is present all mobile networks in the UK are required to carry 999 calls though).

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 12 of 20
by: kenralph
on: 07/12/2018 | 21:58 edited: 07/12/2018 | 22:00

@techiebloke wrote:

@kenralph

Had it been just data I'd probably agree but although I experienced the 'text cannot be sent' issue (where they were actually being sent but the phone wasn't receiving the correct acknowedgement from the SMS server) along with receiving the same text six times the call I attempted to make went through no problem so it wasn't a major inconvenience.

Of more concern is apparently some people were unable to make or receive calls which could have been worrying for some or extremely dangerous (I'm talking about parents trying to contact their children or vice versa), pensioners or the disabled (provided a SIM is present all mobile networks in the UK are required to carry 999 calls though).

Did you see on the news yesterday a woman tap-tap-tapping on her phone with a toddler in a pushchair whilst negotiating a road and traffic island? That stupidity was more newsworthy than a mobile phone system going down..

"Parents trying to contact their children or vice versa worrying or extremely dangerous??"

Nope, it's a mild inconvenience, the parents are grown up (allegedly) the children ought to have been shown better.

I grew up in a time when we never had mobiles, as kids we'd be gone all day, was it dangerous? Hell yes, were our parents worried.. I guess so, but we were all a bit more resilient, a bit more... y'know... mature.

That woman on the news, I see the same thing, in the same places every single day, I see supposedly 'Concerned' adults checking their kids have got to school safely from behind the wheel of their large cars, whilst avoiding screen blind parents stepping blindly off the kerb.

My texts on a daily basis are saying

good morning have lovely day, don't hug the wet donkeys too much

Nothing on a mobile phone is so important that we can't do without it for a day.

If yesterday's outage, and today's compensation cry-babies have taught us one thing, it's that our culture is heading downwards into an ugly chasm of screen glow suntan faces

Message 13 of 20
by: techiebloke
on: 07/12/2018 | 22:06

@kenralph

I do agree with 99% of what you said but as I said, there are some that depend on their phones as a lifeline and that is concerning.

The people not paying attention angers me as much as it does you.

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 14 of 20
by: goodlife2
on: 07/12/2018 | 22:10

Cat Happy I say WELL DONE giffgaff, thank you for a good service. OH things do go wrong some times that is life in this wild world, but we come through.Smiley LOLHeart

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 15 of 20
by: kenralph
on: 07/12/2018 | 22:16

@techiebloke wrote:

@kenralph

I do agree with 99% of what you said but as I said, there are some that depend on their phones as a lifeline and that is concerning.

The people not paying attention angers me as much as it does you.

I'm not sure what bothers me most. Those who depend on their phone, or the very fact that they depend on their phone.

If it's the latter, then a single sim phone won't do. They'll need a dual sim phone, on different systems. (Or two phones..) And if that's too much to bear, then perhaps the phone isn't quite what everyone thinks it is. 

Message 16 of 20
by: goodlife2
on: 07/12/2018 | 22:21

Robot LOL WELL SAID : kenralph you are so right. Smiley Sad

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 17 of 20
by: richfc
on: 07/12/2018 | 22:34

i never noticed i suppose i was not using my phone

Message 18 of 20
by: patchandcrew
on: 08/12/2018 | 01:12

@kenralph wrote:

My texts on a daily basis are saying

good morning have lovely day, don't hug the wet donkeys too much

Thats bang out of order - why should the donkeys miss out on being hugged just because they are a bit wet ??

I demand they be compensated with extra rations to make up for being hugless due to weather conditions beyond your control ! 

Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 20
by: quackers1
on: 08/12/2018 | 15:54
@lemonpuff112 i agree with you there. GiffGaff is the best network. I joined in 2016 and couldn't believe it when i found out about payback. GiffGaff have been very good to me. The disruption of services didn't affect me because i only use my phone now and again to keep the number active.
Message 20 of 20