Knowledge Base
Community

orange sf help rooting and installing rom without computer?

Started by: funkylogik
On: 31/01/2011 | 18:32
Replies: 33

by: funkylogik
on: 31/01/2011 | 18:32
all help welcome. ive aparently rooted and installed clockwork so far yet when i use root checker from the web it says im stil unrooted :-(
Get a free giffgaff SimGet a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 34
on: 31/01/2011 | 18:34
meant "market" not "web" soz
Message 2 of 34
by: aks782
on: 31/01/2011 | 18:35
Personally i never rooted either of my two devices, never found the need really [have 2.2 r6 installed - http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-roms-rom-customisation/323154/rom-oled-tft-flb-froyo-g2-...

For a giffgaff sim with £5 FREE CREDIT when you activate, click here

Message 3 of 34
by: ovolactohippo
on: 31/01/2011 | 18:51
Root should put a superuser option in your app list i think. Never really thought about root in relation to installing roms - from what aks says above sounds like it makes no difference Smiley Happy i recommend sebs new decrossef rom - had it on a couple of days and it is very nice Smiley Happy
Get a free Giffgaff Sim--- with £5 bonus credit

Please give kudos when deserved, and mark the post that solves your question using the options menu on the top right corner of that post Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 34
by: sidecarsid
on: 31/01/2011 | 19:02

I found the guide here

http://orangesanfrancisco.co.uk/android/how-to-install-custom-roms-android-2-2-from-scratch-on-the-o...

Much easier to use than the one on the MoDaCo forum. Apart from the Rom of your choice which you will download

to your Pc everything is downloaded to your phone.

Message 5 of 34
by: ovolactohippo
on: 31/01/2011 | 19:09

According to StevenHarper's guide on modaco you need to root to get clockwork on using his method.  I don't know which method you used to get clockwork on, but I imagine once you've got clockwork on you should have no problem putting a rom on.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim--- with £5 bonus credit

Please give kudos when deserved, and mark the post that solves your question using the options menu on the top right corner of that post Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 34
on: 31/01/2011 | 19:27
ive just noticed the superuser icon so does that mean im rooted? is there a good way to install a rom without using a pc? i tryed downloading one to sd card but it wouldnt download
Message 7 of 34
by: weeman
on: 31/01/2011 | 19:28

@hippo funky has rooted the phone see the last couple of pages of this thread.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Off-Topic/Best-Android-Phone/td-p/105408/page/5

George

Message 8 of 34
by: weeman
on: 31/01/2011 | 19:29

@funkylogik wrote:
ive just noticed the superuser icon so does that mean im rooted? is there a good way to install a rom without using a pc? i tryed downloading one to sd card but it wouldnt download

Maybe that download was fooked could you not try another one.

George

Message 9 of 34
on: 31/01/2011 | 19:30
i used sidecarsits link too root and get clockwork btw...
Message 10 of 34