Replies: 29

by: do_mo
on: 09/01/2019 | 16:43
I believe it when I see it.
Message 21 of 30
by: nefarius
on: 09/01/2019 | 16:51

@tooltrader wrote:

They,ll be asking for a referendum on every single paragraph next.

This thread is about a "no deal" block. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 22 of 30
by: bobsta
on: 09/01/2019 | 18:12

The thing is there is still a possibility of a no deal. May can call a general election and dissolve Parliament meaning MPs wouldn't be able to do anything. Plan it the day after Brexit and she avoids all the hassle - that's my understanding. 

Message 23 of 30
by: majorincident
on: 09/01/2019 | 18:43

Why wait until after Brexit.  Mrs May can do it now and just walk away from the mess.

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. David Davis, Conservative MP
Message 24 of 30
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 09/01/2019 | 21:24

@tradertall thats good but what would be better is if article 50 was revoked and brexit stopped altogether as due to the shambles the UK government is having with negotions no one not nhs businesses etc are prepared for the catestrophic consequences of brexit.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 25 of 30
by: sarahaxon
on: 11/01/2019 | 11:37
That was a pithy response @susan1963 ! Care to expand?
Message 27 of 30
by: susan1963
on: 11/01/2019 | 12:47
The world is not going to stop turning come the 29th March. We will still be able to breath eat walk run etc etc. We will still get up in the morning go about our daily routine and go to bed. The nhs is ready. Companies big and small have been prepping. So what if you have to get a visa to travel. So what if it’s going to cost you slightly more for your holiday. Dear god we have decided to leave the European Union not set off into space in a rubber dinghy. We will automatically transfer to wto rules on leaving if mays abusive ‘deal’ is ko’d. What are you all frightened of. What can’t you get to grips with.
Message 28 of 30
by: extreme_one
on: 11/01/2019 | 13:36

@susan1963 wrote:

....What are you all frightened of. What can’t you get to grips with.

I'm most concerned by people's refusal to listen to the warnings, given by those that understand the issues.

The abject failure to realise that experts actually do know that they're talking about, and should be heeded, is an extremely worrying trend. 

Where does it end?

Will people start refuting the advice given by their oncologists?

Will people begin closing their eyes before crossing the road, despite all advice to the contrary?

Smiley Indifferent
Message 29 of 30
Highlighted
by: majorincident
on: 11/01/2019 | 15:50

Will people start denying daylight or curse the darkness rather than put on the light.

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. David Davis, Conservative MP
Message 30 of 30