Knowledge Base
Community

so annoyed

Started by: gemmaoscar21
On: 06/12/2018 | 16:13
Replies: 39

by: dory85
on: 06/12/2018 | 17:51

I know it's been fustrating all day for me too hope your OK and it's all back to normal now 

Message 31 of 40
by: simdagger
on: 06/12/2018 | 17:51
"how can we be prepares for things we dont expect"

^^^ and this is why it is called the 'Theory of evolution' not the 'Hypothesis of evolution'.
Message 32 of 40
by: simdagger
on: 06/12/2018 | 17:53 edited: 06/12/2018 | 17:55

Message 33 of 40
by: k89bpa
on: 06/12/2018 | 18:05

@simdagger wrote:

Did you not check your kitchen cupboards, or isn't there an internet provider out there to do that for you?

Is that to me regarding my not eating comment @simdagger?

If so, it's entirely my own fault, I buy food daily to force myself to go out otherwise I just wouldn't because I'm in so much pain. At times when I am too unwell to go out I could and should order in, (delivery either from a takeaway or a supermarket), I just haven't bothered. No sympathy is required it's a choice I've made. If I get hungry enough before my mobility improves I'll order in. Simple.

I was just illustrating that despite being ill myself I have managed to ensure that my telecommunications needs are met, (unless O2, Three and Vodafone all go down at once), given their importance to me/my life. 

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 80GB

Message 34 of 40
by: majorincident
on: 06/12/2018 | 20:33

@simdagger wrote:

"how can we be prepares for things we dont expect"

This is the technological age in all its imperfection.  If you don't have a back up plan, you are screwed.  I have still have a landline, but also a second sim on another network.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 35 of 40
by: traveller94
on: 06/12/2018 | 20:35 edited: 06/12/2018 | 20:36

What you need in your case is a backup land-line or a dual SIM phone with a backup SIM if your disability is that urgent to require 24/7 connectivity. I know you probably didn't think of this before, but if you have the money, get a dual-sim phone, have giffgaff as one, and a backup network (EE, due to its wide coverage and use of different freq. spectrum) as the other, and do a chargeable event once every six months. Give your parents both numbers. In the event of failure of giffgaff the EE can be called as a backup number.

Hope you get well soon!

Message 36 of 40
by: wildsparrow
on: 06/12/2018 | 20:48
The trouble is that we are all becoming more and more reliant on technology. Technology is getting better. When we first moved here we had very frequent power cuts. Now they are much rarer, but they still happen. We depend on it and it all falls about our ears when it breaks down. Ditto with the internet, ditto with mobile phones.
This particular event seems to me like incompetence. Inadequate testing, too fast a rollout, maybe a combination of these things. I'd like to see an analysis of what happened, when it's all sorted and investigated.
Fyi for me texts were debited from my allowance, were not sent, and kept asking me to send again. Each time I did the same again. All of a sudden, hours later, the recipient, got 6 copies all at once. So I think that means they were sent but my my phone reckoned they weren't. Basic stuff you'd have thought.
Message 37 of 40
by: ccpestcontrol
on: 06/12/2018 | 21:12
So downes syndrome and wheelchair bound is not sufficient for your taste is it not the fact I'm working at all is an achievement but hey if it makes you feel big and clever then bless your little heart
Message 38 of 40
by: staffygirl2015
on: 06/12/2018 | 21:30
So sorry @gemmaoscar21 it must be really difficult, hope it’s sorted out soon 🥰
Message 39 of 40
Highlighted
by: majorincident
on: 09/12/2018 | 12:42

@gemmaoscar21 wrote:

@majorincident deffo going to get a spare sim and keep it topped up . Smiley Happy x

No need to keep it topped up.  Just put a fiver, or the minimum amount, on the sim and make a call or send a text every once in a while.  My second sim doesn't get used at all now, but I will be reminded by the provided that nothing has happened on it in the past 180 days and if I want to keep the number to make a call or send a text.  I send a one word text to my active sim. Smiley Happy

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 40 of 40