Knowledge Base
Community

still the best video about brexit

Started by: tradertall
On: 11/02/2019 | 12:39
Replies: 11
Reply

by: tradertall
on: 11/02/2019 | 12:39

Anyway here's a video with a bunch of Brexiter Brits living in Spain only now realising that an end to free movement would also apply to them.

 

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1094698314912722944

 

"I never thought they'd take away *my* freedom of movement," says man who voted for the take away freedom of movement party.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 12
by: bluenose5
on: 11/02/2019 | 12:44
Looks like...If Jack's o.k. who cares about Jill.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 12
by: k89bpa
on: 11/02/2019 | 12:47
I saw a tweet from a UKIP bod the other day complaining about mobile roaming charges possibly being reintroduced.

The response was hilarious, lol
Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
For the meaning behind the codes in my posts search the code GGK-0228-2309
Message 3 of 12
by: michaeldunha
on: 11/02/2019 | 12:56
Can you post a link to the story where Spain said they'll deport British expats?
Good luck with that
Message 4 of 12
by: tradertall
on: 11/02/2019 | 13:21

@k89bpa wrote:

I saw a tweet from a UKIP bod the other day complaining about mobile roaming charges possibly being reintroduced.

The response was hilarious, lol

saw that one too hahaha

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 12
by: extreme_one
on: 11/02/2019 | 13:49

@michaeldunha wrote:

Can you post a link to the story where Spain said they'll deport British expats?
Good luck with that

Who said anything about deportation?

 

Free Movement <> Deportation

Smiley Indifferent
Message 6 of 12
by: michaeldunha
on: 11/02/2019 | 14:03
@extreme_one are you saying Britains will still be welcome in Spain?
We'll still be "free" to travel there
Message 7 of 12
by: extreme_one
on: 11/02/2019 | 14:11

@michaeldunha wrote:

@extreme_one are you saying Britains will still be welcome in Spain?
We'll still be "free" to travel there

That's not what free movement is about though, is it? Visiting Europe and settling in Europe are quite different.

You know this. This is, presumably, one of the things you were voting against.

 

Unless you were also one of the ones, that believed we would somehow be exempted from the exclusions around free movement???

Smiley Indifferent
Message 8 of 12
by: michaeldunha
on: 11/02/2019 | 14:25
@extreme_one there's no reason to think I couldn't settle in mainland Europe if I choose, I just happen believe that it should be based on myself and not the passport I hold.
We've allowed too many people to settle based purely on their passport and not whether are a benefit to our society
Message 9 of 12
by: extreme_one
on: 11/02/2019 | 17:02

@michaeldunha wrote:

@extreme_one there's no reason to think I couldn't settle in mainland Europe if I choose, I just happen believe that it should be based on myself and not the passport I hold.
We've allowed too many people to settle based purely on their passport and not whether are a benefit to our society

All of which is very interesting @michaeldunha but it's not really relevant to the topic.

The topic is about Brexiteers that somehow didn't realise leaving the EU would affect their right to free movement within the EU.

Smiley Indifferent
Message 10 of 12