Knowledge Base
Community

who has not received the email regarding our refund?

Started by: word
On: 09/12/2018 | 17:00
Replies: 15

Highlighted
by: jaxlg
on: 09/12/2018 | 18:55
I haven't received an email from giffgaff. I'm not a compensation-grabbing person; however, I was charged repeatedly for texts which didn't go through (before I realised the system was down), so I would like my money back for those...
Message 11 of 16
by: gvmhb
on: 09/12/2018 | 18:57
No email here either.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 16
by: swamppig
on: 09/12/2018 | 19:12

O2 is expected to receive a multimillion-pound compensation payment from technology group Ericsson over a software failure that cut off customers on Britain’s second largest mobile phone network.Mark Evans, O2’s chief executive, will meet executives from the Swedish firm over the coming days to review what caused the outage and begin negotiations about how much the UK network can expect to be paid in damages.The problems occurred on Thursday 6 and Friday 7 December, with customers reporting they could not use mobile data to access the internet.

Guardian newspaper 

Message 13 of 16
by: kenralph
on: 09/12/2018 | 19:24 edited: 09/12/2018 | 19:26

O2 are in a different situation. They could lose revenue from people who decide to use a different network instead, as the end user, we only lost a few megabytes of data loss, which, in the grand scheme of things, is a mild annoyance.

Personally I paid £5 for a second SIM which I popped into an older phone. Did I lose a fiver? Nope, I still have that SIM and it's allowances.

I've kept in contact with my friends and family, (unlimited texts) and everyone could contact me. 

I haven't relieved an email from GG and I'll ignore it then bin it if one does arrive.

I'd hope the majority of those in the forum will do the same, especially right after payback came in.

Message 14 of 16
by: techiebloke
on: 09/12/2018 | 19:48

If giffgaff are going to compensate, they need to be even handed about it as O2 are being for both Pay Monthly and PAYG customers, not please appeal to us if you were affected.

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 15 of 16
by: jimvee288
on: 09/12/2018 | 19:51
Hello.
I'm not bothered really.
Message 16 of 16