Knowledge Base
Community

why so many Tories love brexit

Started by: tradertall
On: 10/01/2019 | 16:18
Replies: 12

by: tooltrader
on: 10/01/2019 | 21:26
That was called smashing the unions williamwalker,,,thank god,aka Maggie.
Message 11 of 13
by: sarahaxon
on: 10/01/2019 | 22:38
Well that's true @standardbearer.

I don't suppose those labour supporters voted for 'Singapore on Thames', like the Tories quoted. It only goes to show that people voted for Brexit for all sorts of contradictory reasons.

Some northern labour voters I know voted leave because the Remain campaign was supported by David Cameron. They saw it as a protest vote against the conservatives.

Interestingly 72% of labour members would now like another referendum.
Message 12 of 13
Highlighted
by: standardbearer
on: 11/01/2019 | 06:26

@sarahaxon wrote:

Well that's true @standardbearer.

I don't suppose those labour supporters voted for 'Singapore on Thames', like the Tories quoted. It only goes to show that people voted for Brexit for all sorts of contradictory reasons.

Some northern labour voters I know voted leave because the Remain campaign was supported by David Cameron. They saw it as a protest vote against the conservatives.

Interestingly 72% of labour members would now like another referendum.

I dont think so Sarah.

Most labour supporters did not vote because of David Cameron.  

Thats not what ive heard when media commentators interviewing Joe Public up North.

Now doubt youve got your 72% facts from somewhere. That fact cannot be from just labour party members .

If true I hope they know what labour stand for on brexit because half of the Country dont. Ive never heard such a load of confusing waffle. No mp says the same as the other.

All labour are interested in at this crucial time is getting elected.

Best of luck with that with Dianne Abbott as home secretary.

Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 13 of 13