Knowledge Base
Community

why so many Tories love brexit

Started by: tradertall
On: 10/01/2019 | 16:18
Replies: 12

by: tradertall
on: 10/01/2019 | 16:18 edited: 11/01/2019 | 15:23

because it would allow them to get rid of european protection for worker's rights.

---

1. John Barron: Brexit success “is about comparative advantage such as low taxes and more flexible labour market practices” (meaning fewer workers rights)

2. Theresa May: Brexit Britain will be a “low tax and smart regulation” economy (‘smart’ regulation means ‘low.’)

3. Rees-mogg htalked about lowering environmental standards after Brexit saying “We could, if we wanted, accept emissions standards from India” (India's polluted air kills 1.5 million people per year)

4. Dominic Raab proposed slashing corporation tax to 10%

5. Charlie Elphicke (recently brought back into the Tory fold to defend Brexit despite serious and outstanding allegations about sexual abuse) said “we can make the UK a more internationally competitive low tax country

6. Owen Paterson called for Brexit Britain to become a “low-tax, low-spend, low-regulation” country

7. Jeremy Hunt said the same thing: copy Singapore’s model post-Brexit

8. Daniel Hannan proposed that Brexit Britain “become Hong Kong to Europe’s China” —  Hong Kong has one of the highest inequality rankings in the world. Poor people literally live in cages and pensioners have to roam the streets raking the bins.

9. Boris Johnson has claimed Brexit means “simplifying regulation and cutting taxes wherever we can”

10. Priti Patel advocated Brexit by saying “If we could just halve the burdens of the EU social and employment legislation” (referring to maternity leave?)

It’s classic Tory ideology, and no surprise that the rabidly pro-Brexit ‘Economists for Free Trade’ are led by Thatcher and Major stalwarts: Roger Bootle and Patrick Minford.

These classic Tory ideologues link Brexit and low-tax and have said Brexit would mean running down the UK car industry “in the same way we ran down the coal and steel industries.”

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 13
by: bluenose5
on: 10/01/2019 | 16:26

I would Never Trust any Tories. I did enjoy reading your post tradertall. Thank You. 

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 13
by: deadshot1
on: 10/01/2019 | 16:43
The government is just messing about they need to just get on with it . We need an actual prime minister with balls
Message 3 of 13
by: eileenusher
on: 10/01/2019 | 16:58
Well no surprise here for me it's typical tory practise to basically take from the poor, working class and working class families, but I saw through all there lies anyway, it was obvious to me they wanted to make wages lower, give workers less rights and the only way they can do that is leaving the EU so they can get rid of the working directive, amazes me tho how many can not see this.
Message 4 of 13
by: goonerx2
on: 10/01/2019 | 17:25
Just trust the Conservatives I have our best interest at heart. Corbin or what ever he is called cannot be trusted in my opinion.
Message 5 of 13
by: andath
on: 10/01/2019 | 17:45

Conservatives do like their euphemisms!

"Low tax economy", read slash spending on public services.

"More flexible labour market", read remove worker protections.

Message 6 of 13
by: bobsta
on: 10/01/2019 | 18:18

What amazes me is why people with little money vote for them. Most Tory MPs and supporters have millions stashed away in their bank accounts. Can someone on next to nothing claim they share the same values and beliefs of a party that wants to tread on them? Confused.com

Message 7 of 13
by: tooltrader
on: 10/01/2019 | 18:58
Why does it matter how much money they have in their bank accounts?They are here to govern just like anyone else who is in charge.
Message 8 of 13
by: standardbearer
on: 10/01/2019 | 20:29
Asfar as the topic heading about why so many tories love brexit is very convenient to forget many Labour supporters up North voted for brexit
Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 9 of 13
by: williamwalker
on: 10/01/2019 | 20:58

What about all the employment protection removed from 1981 to now.

Message 10 of 13