Knowledge Base
Community

will i get in trouble with the police?

Started by: john1073
On: 12/05/2013 | 12:59
Replies: 32

by: john1073
on: 12/05/2013 | 12:59

not long got back from the park with my two girls both three years old, there were several other children ranging in ages from around five to eight, all swearing at each other using all the swear words under the sun, they werent swearing in anger just general swearing and acting big.....i let it ride and didnt say anything, then one of the children decided to spit at a young girl who is often at the park on her own and who always makes a point of playing with my two girls, he spat at her 2 or 3 times the last time laughing and saying "that was a propper spit it's well green" it's at this point i flipped, i went over to him and got down to his level and said "what do you think your doing, don't spit at her, don't ever spit at her or anyone, it's dirty and discusting, dont ever do it again" then i put my girls in the car and went over to the girl who had been spat at, she had taken her coat off and was sat on the grass the other side of the park, i asked her if she was ok and looked at her coat and sure enough there was a streak of green spit about 4 inches long on the collar of her coat so i went back to the car and got some baby wipes and went back to the girl and wiped her coat clean, i asked her agin if she was ok and went back to my car to take my girls home at which point the kids were shouting were gonna get the police on you.

so did i do the right thing or should i have let them get on with it? 

maybe i should be more concerned that when i go to the park next i may have to deal with angry parents rather than the police but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it i guess.

Message 1 of 33
by: suheluddin2
on: 12/05/2013 | 13:02
You done the right thing
Note: If someone has answered your question in 'Ask the community', please mark it as 'best answer’, then we know you're sorted
Message 2 of 33
by: shortylumber
on: 12/05/2013 | 13:03
You did the right thing id say.

You only spoke to him in defense of your little girl
You didnt hit the boy or lay a hand on him (from what you say) so you have done nothing wrong
Message 3 of 33
by: hhaarrryyyy2020
on: 12/05/2013 | 13:04
It's a hard call isn't it. These days no one wants to tell em but someone's got to.....
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 33
by: misba_786
on: 12/05/2013 | 13:04
I don't think you need to worry as they probably won't even tell the police and even if they did, you didn't do anything wrong
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 33
by: akhanom
on: 12/05/2013 | 13:05
You done the right thing mate
Dont worry about it
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 33
by: leemg3
on: 12/05/2013 | 13:06
You're gonna get arrested
Get a free giffgaff Sim

DUDE ORDER ONE!
Message 7 of 33
by: fordaz
on: 12/05/2013 | 13:07

I'd have found out where they lived, dragged them back there and politely explain to their parents that their children are little s***s

Look at him go!
Message 8 of 33
by: argos1
on: 12/05/2013 | 13:08
i applaud you, you did the right thing
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 33
by: shortylumber
on: 12/05/2013 | 13:08
@lee how As the OP didnt do anything wrong except tell a kid of for spitting at another kid?

Bit of a blunt statement to make with no reasoning if you ask me
Message 10 of 33