Community

£20 goodybag

Started by: dap95
On: 07/05/2017 | 19:43
Replies: 11

Go to best answer
by: dap95
on: 07/05/2017 | 19:43

Hi all need help I had a £20 goodybag for couple of month as I needed the always on mobile data for work as I have no internet now it won't let me purchase the goodybag and not showing up as I have gone against something but I don't know what but I really need the always on data for work any help please.

Message 1 of 12
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: thunderdragon
on: 07/05/2017 | 21:09 edited: 07/05/2017 | 21:18
Hi @dap95! :-)
As others have pointed out, the £20 Goodybag DOES NOT have unlimited data (More details).
The data in the £20 GoodyBag is restricted beyond 6GB, and - Again, as others have pointed out - Those who try to use excessive amounts of data beyond this figure (That's according to unpublished figures which GiffGaff use; They refuse to disclose them) you'll be banned from buying the £20 GoodyBag for a 92+ day period.

The only way to try and resolve this immediately is to Ask an Agent and see if the block can be removed, but it's possible they might not (Be able to) do this.
Otherwise, I would have to advise either:
  • Buying the £18 GoodyBag. It has the same 6GB full-speed tetherable data and no hidden usage limits, or
  • Looking at an "All you can eat" product from a different network.
Sadly, GiffGaff DOES NOT offer an unlimited data product.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you attempt to circumvent the restriction using other SIM cards, devices or handsets. GiffGaff are very strict at enforcing this rule. If you do, you risk the loss of all credit/GoodyBags loaded onto the account without refund, as attempting to circumvent a GB block is a breach of the Terms of Service.

Sorry if I'm the bearer of bad news here, but hope this info helps! :-)
+++ ThunderDragon +++
Edit: HTML formatting and clarification of text
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 8 of 12
by: psl184
on: 07/05/2017 | 19:45
If you abuse the system by using too much data you will be prevented from buying that goodybag anymore.
You must of had warnings about this.....?
Get a free giffgaff Sim

All my replies are personal - I will never copy / paste irrelevant info.
Message 2 of 12
by: morbihan1
on: 07/05/2017 | 19:47 edited: 07/05/2017 | 19:48

@dap95Hi. Here is some information about the £20 goodybag. 

With Always On* you get 6GB of UK data usage per month at full 4G speed. Once you've used up your 6GB data allowance you will experience a reduced data speed of 256kbps from 8 am to midnight. From midnight to 7.59 am you’ll have a data allowance at full speed.

Stay connected with your friends and family with our Always On goodybag data. Never worry about running out of your allowance again.

*Speed restrictions apply to our Always On data after 6GB of data usage. Traffic Flow applies to the £20 goodybag. 4G ready phone and coverage required to access 4G data speeds.

We are now contacting members who are using a goodybag with an Always On data allowance and who have been identified as using the network in a way which impacts other members, consistently over a period of time. We are sending them an email to explain this policy, and offer advice on how to reduce their impact on other members.

Where members are either not able or not willing to change a behaviour which impacts the data experience on giffgaff, we have a responsibility to make the situation fairer and protect the vast majority of members. This is particularly true at giffgaff, where we have been built on the principles of fairness and mutual giving.

For this reason, when reaching the end of their current goodybag, members who have been warned but not modified their behaviour, will be prevented from repurchasing an Always On data goodybag in the future.

Importantly, members with an Always On goodybag will never see their allowance removed from them and there is no limit to the amount of data that one of these members can use. A member is only contacted if their specific usage pattern is impacting the service of other members, not when they reach a given volume of data.

Message 3 of 12
by: mrandrewbergstrom
on: 07/05/2017 | 19:49

Good Afternoon @dap95

The £20 always on data goodybag is not unlimited data, and you can only tether on the first 6gb of data, and if you have been using excessive amounts of data, then giffgaff can ban you from buying this goodybag for 3 months.

Message 4 of 12
by: clikasarus
on: 07/05/2017 | 19:58
Hi welcome to giffgaff and the community
With our £20 "Always On" goodybag, members will experience:
 6GB of UK data usage per month at full 4G speed with tethering allowed.
Once the 6GB of data has been used up members will experience a reduced data speed of (256kbps) from 8 am to midnight.
From midnight to 7.59 am members will have a data allowance at full speed.
Once the 6GB has been used up no tethering will be allowed as explained here. To get around this you can start a new goodybag early if tethering is required.

* Traffic Flow applies to the £20 "Always On" goodybag.

Speed restrictions apply to our Always On data after 6GB of data usage.
A 4G ready phone and coverage required to access 4G data speeds.
Pure 'unlimited data' doesn't restrict your data speed at any point. Our Always On goodybag is designed to give members peace of mind that they'll be connected, which is why giffgaff doesn't offer any unlimited data plans
For a more detailed guide please check out this https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Guide-to-Always-On/ta-p/17070641
"Please note that midnight to 8AM is not unlimited and counts towards the 12-15GB hidden 3 month ban rebuy £20 goodybag
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 12
by: morbihan1
on: 07/05/2017 | 20:01

@dap95 How long did it take to get through 6gb's of data? 

Message 6 of 12
Highlighted
by: thunderdragon
on: 07/05/2017 | 21:09 edited: 07/05/2017 | 21:18
Hi @dap95! :-)
As others have pointed out, the £20 Goodybag DOES NOT have unlimited data (More details).
The data in the £20 GoodyBag is restricted beyond 6GB, and - Again, as others have pointed out - Those who try to use excessive amounts of data beyond this figure (That's according to unpublished figures which GiffGaff use; They refuse to disclose them) you'll be banned from buying the £20 GoodyBag for a 92+ day period.

The only way to try and resolve this immediately is to Ask an Agent and see if the block can be removed, but it's possible they might not (Be able to) do this.
Otherwise, I would have to advise either:
  • Buying the £18 GoodyBag. It has the same 6GB full-speed tetherable data and no hidden usage limits, or
  • Looking at an "All you can eat" product from a different network.
Sadly, GiffGaff DOES NOT offer an unlimited data product.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you attempt to circumvent the restriction using other SIM cards, devices or handsets. GiffGaff are very strict at enforcing this rule. If you do, you risk the loss of all credit/GoodyBags loaded onto the account without refund, as attempting to circumvent a GB block is a breach of the Terms of Service.

Sorry if I'm the bearer of bad news here, but hope this info helps! :-)
+++ ThunderDragon +++
Edit: HTML formatting and clarification of text
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 8 of 12
by: dap95
on: 07/05/2017 | 23:14

It was the last month I was in the last week or so and got this text but it didn't come up saying from giffgaff so though it was spam it came up as unknown number for some strange reason, I also haven't been able to access emails lately got to update my iPhone as the last one had some bugs and wouldn't allow me to access things 

Message 9 of 12
by: lukeb283
on: 08/05/2017 | 05:42

it does state: "* Traffic Flow applies to the £20 "Always On" goodybag." yes but then that goes against what is said already about "Our Always On goodybag is designed to give you peace of mind that you'll always be connected and have access to data all the time" and "Stay connected with your friends and family with our Always On goodybag data. Never worry about running out of your allowance again" so what I'm saying is why is that written when its not the case??? if someone like myself reads that they will go on what is said in clear writing what iv pasted above. If giffgaff say that you'll always be connected and have access to data all the time and Never worry about running out of your allowance again. Then I'm going to go on that what is written ain't I. But the fact is its nothing like what it states about the above is it. Im spending about £100 a month now they banned me from the "always on" goodybag, not really worth being witth giffgaff anymore.

Message 10 of 12