4G Dongle

Started by: thomasfordham
On: 06/01/2015 | 10:32
Replies: 2

Go to best answer
by: thomasfordham
on: 06/01/2015 | 10:32

Hi All,

This is my first post, so please go gentle on me.

I am currently a giffgaffer, with two SIMs - one for iPhone 5c and one for iPad Mini.

I have just purchased a 4G hotspot and wondered if there might be a suitable SIM for this product:

http://www.expansys.com/tp-link-m7350-4g-lte-wifi-150mbps-mobile-broadband-10-hours-battery-life-wi-...

I don't think the gigabags are suitable (because they are 3G only?), but also unsure whether a 4G goodybag is viable - given that I won't be using this device for calls/texts/may fall outside of fair usage with tethering etc.

Thanks!

Thomas

Message 1 of 3
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: diwatty
on: 06/01/2015 | 10:39 edited: 06/01/2015 | 10:40

Hi!
Indeed, a 4G goodybag would work with a hotspot such as that since it is not breaching the tethering policy due to the goodybags not being unlimited for 4G. 

As it does not have calls and text features it would not be able to call and text, just using data as you said.

I'n my view it would be worth buyiing a 4G goodybag with a medium or large amount of data. 

Then tethering your iPad mini off your iPhone 5C. 

Silver Approved Helper.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
by: diwatty
on: 06/01/2015 | 10:39 edited: 06/01/2015 | 10:40

Hi!
Indeed, a 4G goodybag would work with a hotspot such as that since it is not breaching the tethering policy due to the goodybags not being unlimited for 4G. 

As it does not have calls and text features it would not be able to call and text, just using data as you said.

I'n my view it would be worth buyiing a 4G goodybag with a medium or large amount of data. 

Then tethering your iPad mini off your iPhone 5C. 

Silver Approved Helper.
Message 2 of 3
by: thomasfordham
on: 06/01/2015 | 10:43

I didn't realise that you could tether with the 4G goodybags.

Damn... If only I had spoken to you before I ordered that 4G LTE device! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 3