Community

4G in Europe

Started by: gesafelan
On: 09/05/2017 | 13:47
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: gesafelan
on: 09/05/2017 | 13:47

I have a small problem. I have 4G device (samsung Note3), 4G sim and 4G goodybag. In UK the data running in 4G. In Europe running in 3G only, even in 4G area. Why?

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: sm_b
on: 09/05/2017 | 14:27
Hi, it depends on the network your roaming on. Some will now allow you to use 3G using pay and go services keeping 4G for their own customers
Message 5 of 7
by: djbonner07
on: 09/05/2017 | 13:49
@gesafelan >>>

Read/Try:

Try A Network/Signal Reset ➜ http://is.gd/manualroam

● Also ➜ Hand clean the sim ( Very Soft )

If the above never worked, try the rest below,

Try This:

- Most Androids -

From the homescreen, tap Apps.
• Tap Settings,
• Tap Mobile networks,
• Tap Network mode.

• If you want to use 4G, make sure LTE/WCDMA/GSM is enabled.

Once the 4G has been selected, you might have to turn your phone/device Off and On or just put your handset/device on "Airplane Mode" for 1 minute and then turn it off making sure your network comes back and the signal and the data signal

- iPhones -

From the homescreen, tap Settings
• Tap Mobile Data,
• Tap Mobile Data Options,
• Tap Voice and Data,
• Select 4G.

Once the 4G has been selected, you might have to turn your phone/device Off and On or just put your handset/device on "Airplane Mode" for 1 minute and then turn it off making sure your network comes back and the signal and the data signal

Also >>>

Check This Out - See this guide to giffgaffs 4G http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Guide-to-4G/ta-p/12134248
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
by: solid247
on: 09/05/2017 | 13:50
depends on your location I am 4G. area but sometimes only get 3G this can be due to numerous things including buildings and weather
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Message 3 of 7
by: paulwhite92
on: 09/05/2017 | 14:09
this is due to the area allowing other people to take priority over you
Message 4 of 7
by: sm_b
on: 09/05/2017 | 14:27
Hi, it depends on the network your roaming on. Some will now allow you to use 3G using pay and go services keeping 4G for their own customers
Message 5 of 7
by: scrappydez
on: 09/05/2017 | 14:38

@gesafelanwrote:

I have a small problem. I have 4G device (samsung Note3), 4G sim and 4G goodybag. In UK the data running in 4G. In Europe running in 3G only, even in 4G area. Why?

You will also need to make sure (in addition to having credit) that your phone is capable of receiving the roaming frequencies used abroad, it varies with country.

Check your phones 3G/4G frequencies on GSM Arena

Then cross check those frequencies on Mobile World Live

Also dial *100# to find your balance as you will need it to roam, roaming settings should also be enabled.

Get your SIM delivered today by 1st Class Post, yeah boy.
Message 6 of 7
by: gesafelan
on: 09/05/2017 | 15:11
Thank you very much for your tip. Didn't change
Message 7 of 7