Community

A suggestion for a better automatic top-up system

Started by: earthian
On: 23/11/2011 | 12:44
Replies: 3

by: earthian
on: 23/11/2011 | 12:44

Hi,

As I have recently experienced the automatic top-up system is flawed at the moment - it does not work if you have 0.00 credit on your account and a functional goodybag. So when the goodybag expires the account is not automatically topped up and the goodybag is not purchased again. The user is left with no credit to call and no goodybag minutes allowance. This is not good especially when no network access is available or credit card is not at hand.

What I would like to suggest is to use the same method of automatic top-up as it is used by O2 at the moment:

1. Periodic top-up including automatic purchasing of a favorite goodybag when the credit is available

2. The usual top-up which is now depending on the amount of credit left on the account.

The first option would allow the community to have a contract-like SIM card for their use which would never run out of credit when used within the limits of the goodybag. This way time and effort would be saved to check the balance, to check the date and time of the goodybag expiration and to purchase the goodybag every month manually. This could be done easily automatically.

I hope this would improve the overall service for everybody.

Regards

Andrius

Message 1 of 4
by: giffgafful
on: 23/11/2011 | 12:48

Wrong section: belongs in the Great giffgaff ideas section.

Message 2 of 4
by: jps123
on: 23/11/2011 | 12:51
im not sure if this has been put forward before so do a search in the ideas section first
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 4
by: rayhoo
on: 23/11/2011 | 13:01

@earthian wrote:

Hi,

As I have recently experienced the automatic top-up system is flawed at the moment - it does not work if you have 0.00 credit on your account and a functional goodybag. So when the goodybag expires the account is not automatically topped up and the goodybag is not purchased again. The user is left with no credit to call and no goodybag minutes allowance. This is not good especially when no network access is available or credit card is not at hand.

What I would like to suggest is to use the same method of automatic top-up as it is used by O2 at the moment:

1. Periodic top-up including automatic purchasing of a favorite goodybag when the credit is available

2. The usual top-up which is now depending on the amount of credit left on the account.

The first option would allow the community to have a contract-like SIM card for their use which would never run out of credit when used within the limits of the goodybag. This way time and effort would be saved to check the balance, to check the date and time of the goodybag expiration and to purchase the goodybag every month manually. This could be done easily automatically.

I hope this would improve the overall service for everybody.

Regards

Andrius

You may have a good idea, but the current top-up system isn't flawed, it's was only designed for topping up credit, and not goodybags.  You seem to understand how the current system works, so you'll appreciate that for the Auto Top-up to work, it must be triggered with a chargeable event from credit, and not be taken from above £3.00, to below £3.00 with the purchase of an item.  If you happened to use credit alongside a goodybag each month then it's possible that the current Auto Top-up would work (though not what most people want).

Message 4 of 4