Knowledge Base
Community

About my tablet

Started by: channylyre
On: 27/01/2019 | 01:37
Replies: 6

by: channylyre
on: 27/01/2019 | 01:37

I have huawei mediapad M5 and I've been trying to connect to anywhere WiFi on tablet...I don't know what to do...as I looked on play store for hotspot apps... But I'm a bit dubious about downloading any as I don't understand half of things...I've just join giffgaff and activated my SIM and wondering if you have a hotspot...I hope i'm explaining myself properly...at mo am waiting for my main number to be transferred to giffgaff sim 

Message 1 of 7
by: persco
on: 27/01/2019 | 01:40

@channylyre wrote:

I have huawei mediapad M5 and I've been trying to connect to anywhere WiFi on tablet...I don't know what to do...as I looked on play store for hotspot apps... But I'm a bit dubious about downloading any as I don't understand half of things...I've just join giffgaff and activated my SIM and wondering if you have a hotspot...I hope i'm explaining myself properly...at mo am waiting for my main number to be transferred to giffgaff sim 

Hi @channylyre You just need to add giffgaff APN settings. Delete all current APN settings and add giffgaff one. 

Please click on this link and select the operating system the media pad uses from the list and follow instructions. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further help with this. 
Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 7
by: eddiehk6
on: 27/01/2019 | 01:43
hi @channylyre

Be clear about what you want to achieve.

If you want your table to connect to WiFi, then this has nothing to do with giffgaff. You need to:
- Turn on your tablet's WiFi
- Select the WiFi network from the tablet, and enter the password if necessary

If you want to use your tablet's WiFi hotspot feature, this is when you share the tablet's mobile data connection with other devices.
- First configure tablet so it connects to mobile data, follow this guide: http://giff.ly/gg_settings
- Go to the tablet's settings, and find the "WiFi hotspot" function. Turn it on, and set it up with a password.
- You do NOT need to download another app for this.

Please remember to select a ___| Best Answer +★|___and give thanks to those who helped by clicking Kudos! Smiley Very Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 7
by: jaymailsays
on: 27/01/2019 | 02:04 edited: 27/01/2019 | 02:09

@channylyre You are right to be cautious. Download a vpn like puffin from playstore and use that to connect to any free WiFi, that way your Tablet IMEI is kept private.

With a giffgaff SIM in your device, also download the official giffgaff app which gives secure access to our Wi-Fi Extra, with thousands of O2 hotspots and the Tube WiFi operated by Virgin.

You can also tether another device.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 7
on: 28/01/2019 | 21:47
I put in puc code just waiting now...should be sorted tomorrow fingers crossed
Message 5 of 7
by: gizmopup
on: 28/01/2019 | 21:58 edited: 28/01/2019 | 22:37

What you need is a PAC code from an old network... PUK is to do with a low level network lock on a device, PAC is the Porting Authorisation Code that allows transfer of a number from 1 network to another.
Not trying to be a pedantic dog, but these things are easily confused and could potentially cause more issues if the wrong process is set in motion.
woof woof

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
on: 28/01/2019 | 22:01
Yeah sorry I have sorted it...should be transferred tomorrow
Message 7 of 7