Community

Account balance

Started by: analogue
On: 11/12/2018 | 13:41
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: analogue
on: 11/12/2018 | 13:41

Me complaining again! If I don't get this sorted I'm leaving! I've just bought a £5 goody bag. My active goody bag shows 500mb - 150 mins - 494 texts (I've just sent texts), my balance is £0.02???? That's shown on my account and phone. Shouldn't that be £4.90 something?

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: markwynn
on: 11/12/2018 | 14:18
@analogue Let me clear your confusion here see goodybag is a "bundle" of minutes, texts and data. - They last for a month and cannot be changed once they are live.

Credit, is like your "cash" balance, and is used for things not included in your goodybag. (Like 0845 numbers, MMS's messages, International calls, etc, etc,) Credit rolls over from one month to the next and does not expire unless you use it.
Message 4 of 7
by: danhamman
on: 11/12/2018 | 13:43

@analogue wrote:

Me complaining again! If I don't get this sorted I'm leaving! I've just bought a £5 goody bag. My active goody bag shows 500mb - 150 mins - 494 texts (I've just sent texts), my balance is £0.02???? That's shown on my account and phone. Shouldn't that be £4.90 something?

A goodybag gives you an allowance per month of calls/texts/data

Check allowances here:

https://giffgaff.com/dashboard

A balance refers only to PAYG credit (which you have not added)

In error, you have been given 2p by giffgaff - just ignore that

.:.
Message 2 of 7
by: padiho
on: 11/12/2018 | 13:46

@analogue No it shouldn't, goodybags and balance are two completely different things. Goodybags are a package which will expire after a calendar month. Balance is used as payg if you don't want a goodybag. It also is used for calls that aren't covered by your goodybag such as 0845/0870, 09 and international numbers are some 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
by: markwynn
on: 11/12/2018 | 14:18
@analogue Let me clear your confusion here see goodybag is a "bundle" of minutes, texts and data. - They last for a month and cannot be changed once they are live.

Credit, is like your "cash" balance, and is used for things not included in your goodybag. (Like 0845 numbers, MMS's messages, International calls, etc, etc,) Credit rolls over from one month to the next and does not expire unless you use it.
Message 4 of 7
by: sloz
on: 11/12/2018 | 14:30
@analogue
Hi, I notice you've been a customer a very long time
(or used giffgaff previously and rejoined)
Could I ask how long you've been purchasing goodybags?

Sorry if any of this sounds simplistic

You hand over £5 to giffgaff in exchange for a monthly £5 goodybag
So that ammount won't be seen on your airtime credit

Your airtime credit isn't related to your goodybag allowance

Giffgaff is a payandgo network any items not included in a goodybag
For instance
Sending mms
Calling 084and 087 numbers
Calling and texting international numbers
Calling and texting premium and shortcode numbers
Requires airtime credit
(the 2p you have)

Are you trying to call a number and you're hearing a not enough credit message?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 7
on: 11/12/2018 | 14:37
Thank you markwyn for your explanation, I understand it now. I hadn't realised there are two parts here; the goodybag and credit. I recommended my husband to giffgaff and he got £5 credit for joining, that's why he has a balance showing. I should have got the credit for recommending him.
Message 6 of 7
on: 11/12/2018 | 18:38
Hi Sloz, thanks for your comments. Yes I have been a member for a long time although there was a break as you say. Goodybags every month recurring with no problems, I've just got my husband on board with his Blackberry, away from virgin media because they're stopping the Blackberry services. This dispute kicked off Saturday night during Strictly; we both voted but my call failed and a recorded announcement advised calling giffgaff to get more credit, I thought what are they on about, I've got plenty of credit! Hubbie made 2 calls no problem and had credit was showing on his phone. I'm fully up to speed with the credit thing now, he got £5 credit when he joined and that's why he got the balance showing. I never knew about credit before because I don't use the phone enough, just mostly texts so I never had any messages or reason to buy credit.
Message 7 of 7