Knowledge Base
Community

Account changes not by me.

Started by: karlos359
On: 01/12/2013 | 07:19
Replies: 7

by: karlos359
on: 01/12/2013 | 07:19

Over this weekend I received two emails from GiffGaff thanking me for changing my account settings, basically when I went in and looked the settings for recurring goodybags had been put on the no setting when it should be yes. The first time I changed it back to yes and even changed my password. I subsequently received another email saying it had gone back to the no setting. Both 'unauthorised' changes were made in the early morning hours.

Has anybody else had this issue or have they any thoughts.  The emails do look genuine, unlike some phishing ones that you receive. No one else has access to my account or my passwords. 

I have tried to find an appropriate query board to contact GiffGaff on but can't see one at present.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
by: natty88
on: 01/12/2013 | 07:26
Hi m8 good mornin would it be because your credit card is near its expired date as this can happen an gif send a message to let you no they have taken your details of
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 8
by: jjrutt
on: 01/12/2013 | 07:36
It will prob be due to your credit card or debit card being cllose to expiry. Giffgaff deactivate 3 months prior to expiry.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 8
by: figment_uk
on: 01/12/2013 | 08:10

@karlos359 wrote:

Over this weekend I received two emails from GiffGaff thanking me for changing my account settings, basically when I went in and looked the settings for recurring goodybags had been put on the no setting when it should be yes. The first time I changed it back to yes and even changed my password. I subsequently received another email saying it had gone back to the no setting. Both 'unauthorised' changes were made in the early morning hours.

Has anybody else had this issue or have they any thoughts.  The emails do look genuine, unlike some phishing ones that you receive. No one else has access to my account or my passwords. 

I have tried to find an appropriate query board to contact GiffGaff on but can't see one at present.

Thanks.

There is a raft of queries about these emails around the last day of every month.  They are sent to members with debit/credit credit card stored on their accounts which are due to expire shortly. Due to a glitch,  the giffgaff system will not accept a card due to expire within the next month, and so to prevent failed transactions giffgaff automatically turn recurring goodybags and auto top-ups off for those accounts. This is seen as an update to personal details, which in turn triggers the notification email.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 4 of 8
by: ffg
on: 01/12/2013 | 09:34

It would save a good deal of confusion and irritation if Giff Gaff change their system to send an explanatory email to the people concerned, telling them what it's doing.  

Most people are likely to freak out if they think someone has changed their settings in the middle of the night while they were asleep.  I know I did. 

Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
by: addykiller123
on: 01/12/2013 | 11:14
did u tell anyone ur username and password, if not ask a agent.
Message 6 of 8
by: adscan
on: 01/12/2013 | 11:17
Does sound like payment card issues. Worth asking an agent though.
Message 7 of 8
by: addy123456
on: 01/12/2013 | 11:21
ask a agent.
Message 8 of 8