Knowledge Base
Community

Activated my sim yesterday now say I haven't!

Started by: janedavey
On: 25/03/2014 | 14:49
Replies: 10

Go to best answer
by: janedavey
on: 25/03/2014 | 14:49

I activated my sim and managed to use the mobile internet yesterday. . Am waiting for my old number to be transfered but now I can't make calls and when trying to use the mobile internet it says I need to activate my sim and top up but I signed up for a recurring goodybag yesterday.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 11
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: choon
on: 25/03/2014 | 14:53
If you have requested for your number to be transferred today then you will lose service for a while, it can take up to 6pm (sometimes up 9pm) for your number to be fully transferred over to giffgaff. Once you see your number from your previous network on your my giffgaff page you should be good to go. You may need to turn your phone off and on for it to search for the network again. Welcome to giffgaff Smiley Happy
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 11
by: qasimmx
on: 25/03/2014 | 14:52
Transferring your number may take a while, allow some time before everything is fully up and running.
Message 2 of 11
Highlighted
by: choon
on: 25/03/2014 | 14:53
If you have requested for your number to be transferred today then you will lose service for a while, it can take up to 6pm (sometimes up 9pm) for your number to be fully transferred over to giffgaff. Once you see your number from your previous network on your my giffgaff page you should be good to go. You may need to turn your phone off and on for it to search for the network again. Welcome to giffgaff Smiley Happy
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 11
on: 25/03/2014 | 14:54

Yes i know that takes 24 hrs plus but my problem is that  I can't use the phone in the meantime (with the sim card phone number) as it says I have not activated my sim or have any balance but I paid for a goodbybag yesterday

Message 4 of 11
on: 25/03/2014 | 14:56

Ok thanks, hopefully that is it.

Do you know why one one part of my accounts it say no balance/no goodybags then on the payments made it says goodbag paid for?

Message 5 of 11
by: markpointing2000
on: 25/03/2014 | 14:57

Hi Mate,

If you have recently changed from another network then it may take a while for your old number to be transferred over to the giffgaff network. It will take a while before everything is fully up and running for you to use again. Please be patient with the system, it will hopefully work eventually

I hope this helps

If you have any more questions or doubts, then please feel free to message me through the new private messaging systems

If i have answered your question well then please Best answer my reply

Thanks,

Mark

Message 6 of 11
by: sloz
on: 25/03/2014 | 14:59
If the transfer is going ahead today it's normal for your account details to disappear
Does it say balance not available or unavailable and has your goodybag gone?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 11
by: wesley_luke_mcgee
on: 25/03/2014 | 15:02
Hi this is normal for your account to seem messed up while your number is being transferred dont worry once its fully transferred over it will be back ok.
Message 8 of 11
on: 25/03/2014 | 15:08

Ok now it comes up with account details not available whilst numebr transfer in progress

Thanks everyone

Do i need to put a top up balance as well as goodybags?  I didn't and can't until number is transfered.

Message 9 of 11
by: sloz
on: 25/03/2014 | 15:12
There's no need to add additional credit if you don't want to
All these require airtime credit, so you need to decide if you think it's required
Sending mms
Calling 084 and 087 numbers
Calling and texting international numbers
Calling and texting premium or shortcode numbers
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 11