Community

Activating sim on ipad

Started by: mcm470
On: 23/02/2014 | 14:36
Replies: 10

Go to best answer
by: mcm470
on: 23/02/2014 | 14:36
I have my phone with giffgaff and was happy. So I thought I would get another sim and put my ipad on a £5 contract 250mb of data. We looked on the community and that seemed ok. I order a new SIMM but when I put it in my ipad it told me I couldn't have too sims registered to the same person. My husband said he could register it in his name (he pays the bill either way!) so he registered it for himself. He says it keeps assuming its a phone. But we want it on an ipad what are we doing wrong?
Message 1 of 11
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: macca28
on: 23/02/2014 | 14:38

hi

see this guide to ipad: http://bit.ly/giffgaffipadsettings

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 11
by: mickf

You should have bought a gigabag for data.

Message 2 of 11
by: macca28

hi

see this guide to ipad: http://bit.ly/giffgaffipadsettings

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 11
by: isabel1066
the other sim card for the ipad needs differant user name to your phone sim and welcome to gg.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 11
by: various_mm
on: 23/02/2014 | 14:40

@mcm470 wrote:
I have my phone with giffgaff and was happy. So I thought I would get another sim and put my ipad on a £5 contract 250mb of data. We looked on the community and that seemed ok. I order a new SIMM but when I put it in my ipad it told me I couldn't have too sims registered to the same person. My husband said he could register it in his name (he pays the bill either way!) so he registered it for himself. He says it keeps assuming its a phone. But we want it on an ipad what are we doing wrong?

the sim will work both in a phone and a tablet.

you need to activate the sim by creating a brand new account for it. you would need to create a new user name.

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 5 of 11
by: gsklb04
Contact an agent they will sort it out for you
https://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gsklb04
Message 6 of 11
by: dalan
Hi
You can only have 1 sim per account, if you want to use a second sim, then you need to open a new account, with a new username, all other details can be the same as your first account, such as password, email, and payment details.

You will also need to enter the gg settings into your ipad

Ipad settings
Below are the Ipad settings

IOS 7
Settings~Mobile~Mobile Data Network
Settings~Cellular~Cellular Data Network

IOS 6Settings~General~Mobile Data~Mobile Data Network
Settings~General~Cellular Data~Cellular Data Network

Put the APN as Giffgaff.com
Username: Vertigo
Password: Password
I hope this will help

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 11
by: figment_uk

@mcm470 wrote:

You have to register each SIM on it's own account (different member name). The name, address, email, password and payment card details can be shared between accounts if you wish.

All SIM cards will be allocated a mobile number, even if required for a tablet/ipad etc. to use it with an ipad, register it in the normal way then add a gigabag (or just airtime credit). Once the SIM is activated, and it's in your ipad, you need to enter the correct internet settings to get your mobile data working. See here for details

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 8 of 11
by: weemag
on: 23/02/2014 | 14:41
create new user name with same email then us should be ok
Message 9 of 11
by: jellius
on: 23/02/2014 | 14:49
how to setup your iPad: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/giffgaffer-s-guide-to-iPad/ta-p/4584240

Go to settings
 General
 Reset

Then click Reset Network Settings

Once done put the settings back in your ipad

APN: giffgaff.com
 Username: vertigo
 Password: password

Then restart iPad.

Hope this helps.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 11