Knowledge Base
Community

Activating sims with same email

Started by: soldiers33
On: 15/10/2010 | 09:36
Replies: 10

by: soldiers33
on: 15/10/2010 | 09:36
I have been activating sims for some people and some people don't have emails. Now I've used my email already for 2 other people, and I'm just thinking if I use it for more will I get into any sort of trouble? I'm sort of worried about my account especially after reading about the 77ers accounts.
Message 1 of 11
by: weeman
on: 15/10/2010 | 09:39

Hi mate

I have used my email address for about 6 or 7 accounts for family and friends.

George

Message 2 of 11
by: cor
on: 15/10/2010 | 09:39

i am in the same boat, do not have an email and using a friend one and address.

and so another friend.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 11
on: 15/10/2010 | 09:41 edited: 15/10/2010 | 09:43

lots of us , just like to help people or be help.

like me!!!

then we all help each other.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 11
by: denzi
on: 15/10/2010 | 09:42

A previous reply from vicent on this is below.

Re: One Account with Multiple SIMs[ New ]

Right, I went to work with this idea. And as you know, we didn't have anything set up like this.

So after your feedback we've gone to work, and have implemented the following:

You can now set up multiple accounts on one email address, as well as top these multiple accounts up with one credit/debit card.

So a business or family (lets take giffgaff as an example) could set up an account called:

giffgaffbossman

Who then creates 10 other accounts for his employees, called:

giffgaffemployee01

giffgaffemployee02

giffgaffemployee03

giffgaffemployee04

etc.

And set each of these accounts up with the same credit card. Either with auto top up or with manual top up, whichever way you'd like to go.

You can also get all of your employees or family members to create their own accounts, which you can then top up with your credit/debit card (even if they've created the account with their using their own card). You do this by going to the 'Top Up' section on the website here, typing in the mobile number you'd like to top up, type in your security code, and you're done. It now also remembers the numbers you've topped up, so you don't have to retype/remember them every time.

Of course we could help you out by sending you an 'X' amount of sims, so you don't have to retype the same information every time when you try to send out the sims to yourself.

Of course when you set up all of these accounts (mobile numbers), and do this via the 'master account', you get 5 pounds extra on each one, as well as getting 500 bonus points for each one activated! Kerrr-ching! :smileyvery-happy:

But please be aware, that for each of these accounts the email address connected to it, will receive an email when you activate it, change details, etc.

I understand that people would like to have one 'parent' account, with which to manage all these different sims, but that is not something we can currently do. This is not to say we will never do it, but at the moment other ideas have priority (unless we get lots of feedback that this is something we need to change more urgently). So I hope that the solution I have described above is acceptable for now.

Cheers,

Vincent

Should anyone have any other questions, please let me know

Message 5 of 11
by: perola
on: 15/10/2010 | 09:43
It's not how many accounts you HAVE that causes issues. Just how many you post from and whether you both ask and answer the question. I.e. You knew the answer but asked it anyway just so that one of your other accounts could earn points.
Message 6 of 11
on: 15/10/2010 | 09:43
Well thats good to know.
Message 7 of 11
on: 15/10/2010 | 09:45

this ture.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 11
on: 15/10/2010 | 09:46
So I take it, that its perfectly fine. And the account holders have no interest in posting on here. They just want the great deals.
Message 9 of 11
by: weeman
on: 15/10/2010 | 09:48

that just about sums it up.

George

Message 10 of 11