Airtime with goody bags?

Started by: sameer599
On: 14/10/2010 | 19:46
Replies: 9

Go to best answer
by: sameer599
on: 14/10/2010 | 19:46

Hay,

What is airtime? I noticed you can buy goody bags with your account balance, is your account balance the money you topped up on to your phone or just your account? I'm confused. Also, I can get points and use the points to buy goodybags? If I already have a PAYG one will it overlap that?

Thanks

Click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right of this post if I solved your question. Click the "yellow star on the left a few times" on the left of this post if I helped you.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 10
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: sonesor
on: 14/10/2010 | 19:47 edited: 14/10/2010 | 19:49

Airtime is credit. That you would use to pay for calls/txts if you didnt have a goodybag

Account balance and phone balance is the same thing. Say if you did a £10 topup, then your account balance is £10. You can use this to pay for the calls/txts you make or CONVERT it into a goodybag if you prefer

You cant directly use points to buy goodybags. Your points will build up and every 6 months they pay them out. You can choose to have the points paid as cash to your paypal account so you can do what you like with it. OR you can choose to have it paid as airtime credit to your phone. You can then use this credit to pay for calls/txts or buy goodybags with it

CLICK ABOVE TO ORDER A SIM / MICROSIM WITH £5 FREE CREDIT
Message 2 of 10
on: 14/10/2010 | 19:47 edited: 14/10/2010 | 19:49

Airtime is credit. That you would use to pay for calls/txts if you didnt have a goodybag

Account balance and phone balance is the same thing. Say if you did a £10 topup, then your account balance is £10. You can use this to pay for the calls/txts you make or CONVERT it into a goodybag if you prefer

You cant directly use points to buy goodybags. Your points will build up and every 6 months they pay them out. You can choose to have the points paid as cash to your paypal account so you can do what you like with it. OR you can choose to have it paid as airtime credit to your phone. You can then use this credit to pay for calls/txts or buy goodybags with it

Message 2 of 10
on: 14/10/2010 | 20:02
Ok thanks alot! So how do I know how many points I have and can I start eArning points after I top up once before 1st November?
Click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right of this post if I solved your question. Click the "yellow star on the left a few times" on the left of this post if I helped you.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 10
on: 14/10/2010 | 20:08
In your my giffgaff page it will show your points balance on the left. However this isnt a "live" total. Its only updated on around the 5th/6th of every month. So you wont see evidence of points until 5th november(ish)

As long as you have an active sim you can earn points now

Message 4 of 10
on: 14/10/2010 | 20:29
Ok thanks. I'm obviously going to use the SIM That you sent me to. Also in what ways do i earn points?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 10
by: neilseymour
on: 14/10/2010 | 23:13

You can earn points by recommending friends or answering other members questions.

Message 6 of 10
by: funkylogik
on: 14/10/2010 | 23:30
Or by getting kudo's, heres one to get you sarted m8
Get a free giffgaff SimGet a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 10
by: lucid
on: 14/10/2010 | 23:41 edited: 14/10/2010 | 23:50

From what I understand the points system for the forums works on various factors... number of posts, replies, kudos, "accepted as a solutions" etc. Essentially the more you get involved, and the more helpful you are to others... the more you are rewarded.

I myself have been trying to get in the habit of always "accepting as a solution" a thread i start when i get a good answer, and always giving kudos to those who helped in resolving an issue. It's polite and if we all do it, the whole system works a lot better.

After all is the foundation for how the whole community runs. It's nice to do things properly Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 15/10/2010 | 10:16

@lucid wrote:

From what I understand the points system for the forums works on various factors... number of posts, replies, kudos, "accepted as a solutions" etc. Essentially the more you get involved, and the more helpful you are to others... the more you are rewarded.

I myself have been trying to get in the habit of always "accepting as a solution" a thread i start when i get a good answer, and always giving kudos to those who helped in resolving an issue. It's polite and if we all do it, the whole system works a lot better.

After all is the foundation for how the whole community runs. It's nice to do things properly Smiley Happy

Hit the nail on the head Smiley Happy

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
on: 15/10/2010 | 15:13
Lol thanks alot guys!

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 10